Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Humans - Page 6 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Yami-Yagari has a default reputation

Would be nice some diversity as in different NPC race factions, like norse or arabic.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Yeah that would be interesting. I would just like to see armor variation like in medieval 2 total war. Each unit type would have different combination of breast plates, helmets, greaves, and leggings to give that difference in medieval armies had with armor.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Imperial, Norse and Eastern - I'm liking these Human factios!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Imperial, Norse and Eastern - I'm liking these Human factios!
With eastern you mean like turkey or even further east, like mongolia? Because Mongols own a lot.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Winterwolf00 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
With eastern you mean like turkey or even further east, like mongolia? Because Mongols own a lot.
That sounds kinda like the Khurite race in mortal online.
I don't see why we can't have factions in the races.
Elves can have high, wood, dark elves.
Humans can have norse, mongolian, roman, and whatever else youll decide.
Orcs can have...goblins and trolls maybe?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami-Yagari View Post
I meant more Middle Eastern, as this Medieval-Fantasy rôle is mostly taken from the early, European perspective (the relatively isolationist period). But you're right, Mongols could certainly be a powerful force!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Orc Sect:
Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I meant more Middle Eastern, as this Medieval-Fantasy rôle is mostly taken from the early, European perspective (the relatively isolationist period). But you're right, Mongols could certainly be a powerful force!
They couldn't be, the are!

After all, they've once had the largest land empire in history.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

They are? I wasn't aware the Mongol Hordes were about to come knocking on my door
Just a sec!

But anyway, 'could' is the conditional to show that the Mongol faction is a possibility in a mod. In any case, I contest the idea that the Mongol empire represents a unified force. One could object to the portrayal of them in the imperial unity of its peoples. But that's besides the point.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

Well - basically there are only two real basic divisions - WEST [aka mediterranean] and EAST [aka asian]. All categories fall into these groupings. Asia [in this case, just china] has been around the longest, but that does not go to say that the WEST civs were inferior, etc.. The reason most of the WEST civs are similar is this: most existed immediately before the Roman Empire, during the empire, or after the Empire. There was not much long before it. The Roman Empire acted as a melting pot too these cultures until [bingo] Mediterranean [roman] culture was established as the WEST. All subsequent medieval european civs came from this [with the exception of the scandinavians - and some of the barbarians - celts, etc.]. There is a lot more variety in the EAST [asia] because there was no melting pot. Therefore, those civs tend to be viewed as more exotic.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Wold = Norse, Rollingplain = East Asian, Southmont = Anglo-Franco. Ironically, it looks like the bounuses loosly fit the individual strengths of those regions too.