Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Feel the same about heroes? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 AM

Gigz has a default reputation

heros that kill armys is really annoying , whoever I hope they re strong in the survival department , that they can live longer and give small bonus to units ^^ else it will really be hero vs hero ^^
Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Probably the best way to keep heroes strong in combat without making them overpowering is to make their defensive capabilities somehow dependent on nearby troops. This would make them many times easier to kill if they were isolated from their army (therefore preventing the "commando hero" thing from ever happening) while also keeping them difficult to kill while they remain within their army.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

A sutch kind of heroe is found in settlers 6 where every heroe has his special ability but in a fight he can't handle more then 1 and a half squad of soldiers allone.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:29 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

If you're trying to make this game be realistic dont add things in like from wc3 like flame strike or stuff like that just auras that give ur troops morale and etc.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:20 AM

Phylast has a default reputation
Default experience distribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Heroes will not be "that" powerful. Don`t forget that you`ll see armies from 100 units early game to 2000 unit strong late game assaulting the castle. Hero if used properly should be able to take out 25 (lvl 1), 75 (mid level), 200 (maxed out). And don`t discount the fact that your regular units also gain experience and improve over time.
I guess I couldn't ask for much better. I don't remember where it was said in the forums, but one of the mods said that squad experience progression has a probability to create instances like in the movie "300" at Hell's Gates. I thought this aspect and possibility was spectacular. I wonder how experience will be distributed amongst units with and without a hero present. This also makes me wonder if "elite" squads will follow a person in the MMORTS mode (as long as they survive). I'm sure heroes will be an integral part of the game strategy, but I would love to be able to bring some hardcore forces to the battle on a regular basis.

On a separate note, maybe your "Hero class" could even be a small squad that has properties of a normal hero. I like this conceptual option a lot, and I suppose the squad would resemble a Dawn of Warhammer unit with the leader addon. The squad could still accept quests, and spend resources out in the field like normal. Just something to consider.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylast View Post
... maybe your "Hero class" could even be a small squad that has properties of a normal hero. ...
That would be great, like the generals in Rome:Total War.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:53 PM

Gigz has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
That would be great, like the generals in Rome:Total War.

not just rome ^^ , i think all the medieval serie , Im most familiar with II and it was really great , specially with all the thing u could achieve with the trait ancillary, specially when u mod them into greatness :P
Old 06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylast View Post
On a separate note, maybe your "Hero class" could even be a small squad that has properties of a normal hero. I like this conceptual option a lot, and I suppose the squad would resemble a Dawn of Warhammer unit with the leader addon.
"Hero squads" might not be a bad idea, depending on how 'squad reinforcement' works in DoF.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 06-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Yea hero squad .. lets say around 4 and stronger than normal soldiers and better looking like royal guards .... like this idea =).
Old 06-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

kyama has a default reputation

I never liked squads, now i'm judging from dawn of war 2. It might be different in dof. But I would rather they stick to more traditional gameplay.