Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Magic users - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about
Default Magic users

Will magic users use spells like archers arrows (aka firebolts and extra-like pasive using spells so you dont need to use them) or you will have to click on each magic user spell to cast it (like in warcraft 3, summoning water elemental, rain of fire....). I am interesting in this because if you have multiple magicusers it could be really messy and time consuming if you would have to click from all of them for specific spell to use on the battlefield and would be easier and better if you had 12 archers instead of 12 magicusers if you wont use those spells. Oh an can for an example firebolt also miss ass arrows ?

Well i just like the idea of wizards on my wall shooting down firebolts and stuff instead of archers (same as archers but different look actually and stats i guess) =), you think that will be possible?
Old 05-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Perhaps as a base attack they could use 'magic missiles' hehe they would be the same as regular arrows perhaps a bit more accurate though?
Old 05-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

From what we've heard (this is based on a very old developer post, so it may have changed) magic in this game follows the motto "go big or go home". Even the smallest and weakest spells are going to be dangerous against entire armies, so chances are we won't see a piddly single-target fireball.

I think spellcasters will be more in line with the high templar of Starcraft. Wickedly powerful spells, but no basic attack so he needs to consume mana to do anything at all.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
From what we've heard (this is based on a very old developer post, so it may have changed) magic in this game follows the motto "go big or go home". Even the smallest and weakest spells are going to be dangerous against entire armies, so chances are we won't see a piddly single-target fireball.

I think spellcasters will be more in line with the high templar of Starcraft. Wickedly powerful spells, but no basic attack so he needs to consume mana to do anything at all.
This makes me cry =,( (yea i read that post but i wasnt 100% sure about this after reading it) ,well just hope you are wrong or i just hope they make in DoF a magic race that will have that kind of stuff. Think that would be better ?=P
Old 05-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
This makes me cry =,( (yea i read that post but i wasnt 100% sure about this after reading it) ,well just hope you are wrong or i just hope they make in DoF a magic race that will have that kind of stuff. Think that would be better ?=P
I disagree, I personally prefer the 'Go big, or Go Home' idea and I am so stealing that quote!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Quote:
and I am so stealing that quote!
I acquired it in much the same way

Anyways, I fully agree with Reverie's approach. The "magic is common, the world is fantastic" type fantasy that is characterized by D&D and the Warcraft universe seems to be dominating all fantasy presently. Very few titles are taking the approach that magic is rare, the world is (mostly...) mundane, but when magic exists it is awe-inspiring. I think DoF could be a refreshing change of pace.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Darwin is right - we are still not 100% sure who will be the main spell-caster unit - it`ll either be a hero wizard unit, or the main hero unit who can slowly learn all the spells - thing Gandalf from Battle for Middle Earth, but 5X the number of spells, learned as unit gains experience.

BUT - there are also the 'lite' magic wielding units who will have magic attacks - like Elven Sorcerer for example. And if you are looking for magic - Elves will be your race of choice, the use magic from gathering resources to passive base defenses.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Elite Member

I am addictive to magic so i guess i will be playing elves 90% =P. HUnger for magic.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

I love regular units that can use magic. Now, will the sorcerers be able to use physical attacks as well? That'd be awesome.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 02-11-2011, 12:38 AM

zhaoyun23 has a default reputation

Magic users have always suffered...well at least for me. I will not be focussing on magic. I like the brutal melee combats more