Pvp Broken :'( - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 04:17 AM
Dof Moderator
Crossbowman

dropkick_jxy is just above average reputation
Thumbs down Pvp Broken :'(

Is pvp broken atm, i have 188 wins so this shows i have never run into any major issues in the past but now grrrrrr

I have counted 8/8 pvp games i join upon loading the screen flashes black and then it freezes -or- it will load up the game and when showing the map and units on the map just end and freeze on a loading screen again. The servers are up as im playing on them so what is the issue now?

Everything that was fixed on pvp is back :'(
Old 02-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

It could be an issue with the other player disconnecting during loading, but for that to happen 8 out of 8 times is unlikely (unless they just realized who their opponent is ).

This issue can sometimes occur if there are NAT issues, but we'd need to see the log to be sure.

If this happens again, can you please attach your log so we can see what is going wrong and hopefully fix it.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 AM

Zeikon has a default reputation

this started happening when you started upgrading the servers, and its happening to every1 i have talked to and its all the time. i have fought the same guy several times before this never any issues. but now were both having the same issue, and not just when its the 2 of us facing each other. this is clearly an issue in your end
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Ah, ok. I'll speak to Kon and John about the server upgrades and see if we can resolve this issue asap.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 AM
DoF Moderator

miklos1 is just above average reputation

I am having the same problems i mentioned in another thread. Pvp is broke and archers are now worthless. And dropkick yea in pve im running my nerfed hero's thru the cities to kill wall defense then run troops. And cant get get pvp to work so dont know on that side
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Guys,

PvP and CoOp will be back online by 8pm tonight. We are testing various part of the server code right now, to make sure there are no more crashes and last night`s update disabled certain PvP components. Sorry for the inconvenience - but happy to say we have almost reached the end of our server update sage.

And sorry for not communicating thing better and earlier. To make up for the problems of the last 5 days, we got an awesome patch on the way - with lots of gore and blood, and cool features like viewing information about other players or sending resources to other players.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
DoF Moderator

miklos1 is just above average reputation

Glad to hear Kon any idea when the archers and pvp will be fixed. Also to let you know pvp was having a problem from what was in the chat room all weekend not just last night. I couldnt connect yesterday morning.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Miklos - thanks for letting me know, that was something else with PvP - investigating but expect it to be back to normal tonight.

With archers - we will have a fix in the upcoming patch on Wed or Thu, however - old strategy of just shooting at he walls will not work anymore. Got to bring some siege towers or ladders and climb the walls to get rid of the archers on walls