Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

what use are walls? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 PM

sedricg has a default reputation

its actually dropkick who is using the overpowered healing. the fact that he can take on a castle with just riflemen and axe men and a few healers sat back is literally appauling lol

he marchs up to my walls with no more then 8 squads of riflemen and this is now against a huge army of mine and a shed load of trebs takes a few casualties runs of heals then repeats.

if i march out he moves his axemen in and lets his riflemen heal and shoot me. no possible way to win. its just rinse and repeat untill ive nothing left. healing needs to be fixed.

Last edited by sedricg : 01-24-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Dof Moderator
Crossbowman

dropkick_jxy is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedricg View Post
its actually dropkick who is using the overpowered healing. the fact that he can take on a castle with just riflemen and axe men and a few healers sat back is literally appauling lol

he marchs up to my walls with no more then 8 squads of riflemen and this is now against a huge army of mine and a shed load of trebs takes a few casualties runs of heals then repeats.

if i march out he moves his axemen in and lets his riflemen heal and shoot me. no possible way to win. its just rinse and repeat untill ive nothing left. healing needs to be fixed.
Kon can verify this as this battle was recorded to show him the bug. i was going to pay you off with my level 8 riflemen until you logged out of the game...

P.s to kon, something needs to be put in place where if you press log out when vs another player you should automaticly pay out as atm it just freezes the game, failing that the army should be lost the commits to this log out process...
Old 01-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Dof Moderator
Crossbowman

Default p.ss btw

everyone knows its me thats been using the dwarfs and dont make out the army i was about to destroy was *massive* as i have it recorded you charging me out of your castle before d/c the battle by logging out.....

Do not make me out to be the *big bad wolf* when all you do is rage quit...
Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM

GridStone has a default reputation
Default lol

i beat his army with 32 pesants at my castle the rest were lvl 1 units vs dropkicks dwarven army with a lvl 20 hero its not so hard to beat its all about tactics ofcource he runs back to heal its a good tactic... kill the enchanters and you can win its not as hard as you people have been making it... you can even recruit and repair during the siege so if your dumb enough to run into a better army outside of your walls with no tactics then obviously you will lose numbers isn't everything in this game
Old 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM

sedricg has a default reputation

no no no, your getting the wrong end of the stick. im not calling anyone bad or that hes a bad player or anything but that healing thing is over powered. thats what my moan was at lol. it doesnt help that the wolds town is easy to shoot and run away from either. i just need to learn to beat it but at the minute its seeming really hard for me.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Dof Moderator
Crossbowman

Default If you are ingame friends chat me and i can help you out.

No need to come on here throwing peoples names about haha, people have beat me, grindstone has and if you read a post i made on this topic earlier i have actually told you how to beat me....

Im helping people all the time on there and no doubt have helped you.. I will go against you and teach you how to beat me if you asked.. You will never learn how to kill an army unitl you face it.

Cav takes ranged. Hit and run is what you need to do. Use the same tactic as me and run cav back to heal at well in your town, You dont need to wipe my army to win, just hold me of.

You have to keep person you are vs busy. DONT GIVE THEM CHANCE TO HEAL.... and any attacking team has only a few ways to heal ok. KILL THE HEALERS.!!

In any game with pvp there is some form of healer, Be in a druid in WOW or an enchanter on here. You need to kill them first. Make a distraction from one side and while they are busy charge cav straight at enchanters, You kill them you will more than likely make them pay you off or wipe there army.

Use your head buddy, the army is not overpowered im using tactics, i could build a same level army with crossbowmen instead of riflemen and knights instead of axemen and still would have the same turn out. why would i run army in when i could clear your walls with my ranged then run back for heal.

I have all but told you how to beat me and any army with this set up. try it and let me know, but please mix things up and DO NOT let me see you run 3 swordsmen units at 8 riflemen then come on here moaning lol as you may aswell send peasants out at me.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:05 PM

alas1986 has a default reputation

The perfect and only tactic that works against dropkick is ummmm...what's it called again? oh yeah ! Pay out!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

Revenger571 has a default reputation

or better yet buy a few squads of riflemen and put them on a tower now with the new update you could outrange him easy :P
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM

Aegis30 has a default reputation

Let's call this what it really is- a bug. Archers shooting thru walls is a bug. There's nothing you can say that changes that. Even the mmorts World of Battles has it where archers don't shoot thru walls, and use Line of Sight.

As a customer who is/was waiting for this game to release on Steam, I will not be buying a game with this bug. I will post this bug on the Steam forums so that others will know about it.

If you fix the bug, you don't have the other issues messing with the siege. I don't mean to be rude, but a bug as big as this, can not be ignored, or assumed to be a "game feature".

Thank you for reading.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

I'm actually working on the projectiles passing through walls issue this weekend, now that most of my higher priority jobs are complete.

I'll be making it so projectiles collide with walls, so if your units are just behind the wall, enemy units might still target them but they'll be safe unless they are back far enough that the Archers are able to angle their shots over the walls.

Look out for this in the next patch.

Edit: Just did some preliminary tests and it's looking good, it's actually pretty cool seeing a wall peppered with arrows

Last edited by Brian Shingles : 02-08-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Did some testing