Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

what use are walls? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 02:15 PM

sedricg has a default reputation
Default what use are walls?

hello!

first i want to just say i really like this game i do but there are a good few game breaking issues for me right now and after buying influence points and losing the troops to this issue its become very annoying.

so, i have walls big huge stoney ones.. you know the sort that can repel arrows and the ilk so why is it that i have the same person constantly attacking me and destroying my whole army by standing his legion of dwarven riflemen outside my walls and able to shoot through them!?

how does that work!? i mean cmon!

The fact i have spent good money on troops for them to be shot through solid stone walls is bloody stupid!

i am now $20 down with nothing to show for it because he keeps attacking constantly using enchanters to heal his units and attack again with the riflemen. its ****ing stupid.

Last edited by sedricg : 01-22-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:46 PM

txfirefighter has a default reputation

I think some of this is being addressed in the next patch. Did you go out and attack with infantry?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM

yeah but then as i charged he would force me back with the other half of his army which are all dwarven axemen. any loses are then healed by the enchanters as i retreat. hopeless.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 PM

axal011 has a default reputation

Whats his name ingame? maybe i might torment him a bit for ya
Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Dwarven riflemen are the only unit with this ability so it's not like walls are useless, that being said, fully upgraded ones backed by enchanters healing can be very tough.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

DGraviton has a default reputation

Perhaps try bombarding his riflemen with a dozen flaming trebs. Maybe training a number of archers spending points in range to out shoot the rifles? Alternatively you could get a royal dragon and make a some dwarf barbeque.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 PM

axal011 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGraviton View Post
Perhaps try bombarding his riflemen with a dozen flaming trebs. Maybe training a number of archers spending points in range to out shoot the rifles? Alternatively you could get a royal dragon and make a some dwarf barbeque.
OR get a fire cart, and the area he spawns at...lay that oil "pitch" and trap him
Old 01-23-2013, 01:50 AM

i had 6 trebs a haunter dragon my own huge sized ranged army and inf army but he would run up to the walls. kill everything run away and heal then run back and do it again. while he was doing this i figured ill hide behind my sturdy walls and wait for him to knock down the door.. no he will shoot me through it. awesome

but if one unit has the ability to shoot through them and people start abusing that then it does kinda render them useless.

Last edited by sedricg : 01-23-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Actually all the units have the ability to shoot through the walls - and it was just something we technically couldn`t find a way around...

Ok so sounds like we really need to nurf healing though... Also going to increase range bonus ranged units get on walls.

And for a well defended town you should have more like 16 trebuchets on the walls, maybe another mobile trebuchets as well.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:00 PM
DoF Moderator

miklos1 is just above average reputation

no healing is fine ill show you in game or make a vid of what he is talking about. but in short say you have 5 archers and 1knight and 1 protector you have one on either side of archers one archer takes damage so u heal with say the knight then the otherside archer takes a damage you heal with protector since they are area heals and hot's they will stack. so archer with a max hp of say 220 will get 340 or something. I have not been in a fight yet where it matters most troops do more damage then the overlapping.

Last edited by miklos1 : 01-23-2013 at 02:23 PM.