Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Announcing Dawn of Fantasy Heaven & An Elven Showcase - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation
Default Announcing Dawn of Fantasy Heaven & An Elven Showcase

Friends, Mythadorians, countrymen, lend me your ears.
I am here today to announce the newest Dawn of Fantasy fansite: Dawn of Fantasy Heaven.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven, the newest part of the HeavenGames gaming network, was launched on Friday, May 15 in celebration of HeavenGames’ 12th birthday. We have been there supporting Reverie World Studios since its initiation, or actually, even earlier, as at least six prominent Reverie developers have been, or still are, active members of the HeavenGames community as staff, design team leaders, scenario designers, or modders.

I can promise you a library of content on every subject you can imagine, our trademark emphasis on scenario design and modding with a downloads center full of user-submitted maps, mods, recorded games, tutorials, and everything else, a plethora of exclusive screenshots, and whatever else you may want to hear. But instead, I will simply leave you with examples of what has come out of DoFH in its first five days as a signal of what is to come. Currently, we have the most comprehensive showcase of the Elven faction, complete with detailed information on the Elven culture, key geographic points, 14 units, and 11 buildings, as well as DoFH-exclusive screenshots and information of the Elven buildings (a must-read for all DoF fans!). This showcase is the first in a long series of unofficial editorials showcasing everything from the three factions, to the world editor, to the campaigns, and to Reverie Online. We also have a unique DoF FAQs thread, a Twitter account briefly providing updates on DoF’s and DoFH’s happenings, and several discussion threads with over 120 posts in the first five days from staff, developers, and members alike. We will also soon launch our first community contest and sit down with Reverie to get the dirt on the world editor and modding capabilities, my personal most anticipated aspects.

If you clicked the link, you would have noticed we do not have a real site at the current time. I am currently working with our graphics guru and coder to establish a permanent, top-of-the-notch website, but until then, we have a single forum for all DoF discussion and preparation for the actual site. We do, however, have pages of pages of documentation for the website so that we will be able to provide the most comprehensive source of content as well as fun, unique contests and guild and design team support. So, on behalf of the HeavenGames community, I hope to see you all there when we do move into this new site.

And Reverie employees, I would highly encourage and appreciate if any of you would take the time to register at our forums and drop in from time to time. If you do decide to register, please post your registered username in this thread or PM me for verification purposes and then I will paint your name in our signature VIP-blue paint.

Best,
Alex,
DoFH Staff
HG News Director
Old 05-21-2009, 02:44 AM

The_Biz has a default reputation
Exclamation

miss the days (i.e. last week ) when we could just go to 1 site and get the news and updates... now we got different "fansites" with "exclusive info"... whatever helps get the word out i guess

hope it's easy to get used to the different buildings. they all look very similar...

i'm guessing this image isn't in-game?

comments:

the "dawn of fantasy heaven" text on the photos seems awkward. i think it's unnecessary. if you insist on leaving it in, put it in the corner at least so it doesn't look as ridiculous

if you're serious about making it the "downloads center" or whatever like you have with ensemble's stuff (which seems like a real possibility if Reverie doesn't do it themselves), I hope you actually improve the delivery system. The DoF editor looks magnificent. It would be a shame if you kept using stuff like mandatory terrible review guidelines and not letting people embed videos in articles or upload big files. it's 2009. hoping for some progress
Old 05-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Wow.... I'm very impressed with that archive on elves... most of them pictures I haven't seen before... :/ And please dont say im the only one impressed by the first picture on the left? Also it is good to see all the units so for the elven race... Any chance of releases such as this for the other races? If so please post a similar topic on here I'm too lazy to trawl through many fansites just to find what I want and what really should be on the official one :/
Old 05-21-2009, 05:57 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Looking good. I too wish all the information, downloads and screenshots should be in one place (here, for example) but fansites can pick and choose what they want. Oh well.
Hey, how do you create an avatar? I've set up Gravatar.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:09 AM

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Thanks guys

Quote:
i'm guessing this image isn't in-game?
Correct, that's a piece of concept art.

Quote:
the "dawn of fantasy heaven" text on the photos seems awkward. i think it's unnecessary. if you insist on leaving it in, put it in the corner at least so it doesn't look as ridiculous
I will agree with you here. I wanted it at first but was uneasy about the result. I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
It would be a shame if you kept using stuff like mandatory terrible review guidelines and not letting people embed videos in articles or upload big files.
As the News Director, embedded videos are definitely something I support. I'll see if that's in any way a possibility. The problems are primarily that people may abuse it and that our main techie is extremely busy. His first priority is a server move this week and then hopefully we will see a DoFH site.

As for review guidelines and size limits, we do try to change the guidelines to fit each game. We're always open to feedback as well. And size limits don't exist. We have files of nearly 100 mb.

Quote:
Any chance of releases such as this for the other races?
Of course. The humans and orcs are up next.

Quote:
Hey, how do you create an avatar? I've set up Gravatar.
Looks like you've figured it out but the main thing is to make sure you use the same email for your Gravatar account as your HG account. Then you may have to wait a minute and/or clear your cache. And I *believe* HG only accepts PG or G rated avatars.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Great job mate. I always liked HG as my favorite AoM source.
Where did you get the elven info though?

Cheers.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Ooh, this fansite has to be my favorite, especially the neatness of it. Everything is so... Organized and underwhelming...
Old 05-21-2009, 03:16 PM

Thanks.

Quote:
Where did you get the elven info though?
Mostly through browsing the developer posts and showcase. I put in some personal speculation from screenshots and asked the devs to clarify some stuff, but I was able to find all the units off of this board. And I found some of the Warden info was on your own site - hope you don't mind? And I asked Danny for a screenshot of him since I didn't know what he looked like. Then I brought it up while talking to Danny and he offered to help fill in any gaps. I asked for navy info, but he said not yet () so I got the buildings.

We'll keep in touch. Maybe have some fansite skirmishes when the game's released. Or fans vs. devs?

Last edited by Alex Walz : 05-21-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Sure, I don't mind. Glad at least someone found my site useful though :P

Good job, guess it took you a while to put all that together. I wish I wasn't as lazy.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

I knew this would happen but had no idea it would be so soon, good show.

*goes off to browse the elven showcase*
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*