Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Idle military units/other questions/feedback - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Traveler Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 07:06 PM

Wakko has a default reputation
Default Idle military units/other questions/feedback

So, my first town is a orc city, trying them out.

I have tons of idle military units on my map, I mostly just place them at the healing lake thingy. But what canI do with them? I mean.. I have a lot of them, they're taking up quite some space and having them on my map raises my population so high spawning new laborers/marauders takes AGES.

What should I do with these? Can I just put them in a army outside of the city which reduces the population which makes spawning new orcs faster in my town? I thought it would be kinda handy with a building, like a barrack or something where you can put idle units so they dont take up population space (or land space), and pop them out when you need them. Being a noobie that is just the first impressions.

Having such slow spawn also makes my resources stack up because.. well.. I cant spend it on units because they spawn so damn slow.

And please, for the love of gaming make the AI's pathfinding, AI in general and controlling battles much more fluid and less dumb. The AI feels so stupid, running past enemies when having them on attack-move that is just by them (sometimes it feels like they dont defend themselves when they're being attacked either). Giving orders is so clunky and not fluid at all. You have to really make sure you're moving a unit. If you are too fast nothing happens. You have to carefully select, slowly press *move* to a location, make sure the flag is placed and then you're done. Managing armies/battles MUST be fluid in a game like this and not feel like driving a truck on a mountain bike trail. This should be top 1 priority imo. Graphics and other stuff is less important, the gameplay/combat must feel fluid and reactive!! It almost feels like a beta product, and the game has been released for 1 year? This HAS to get fixed.

Last edited by Wakko : 12-24-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:09 AM

outofit08 has a default reputation

Im sure they are working on this.
And yes i agree with you!
although even with all that i keep playing this game!!
well lets just hope for the best
Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 PM

I really hope they are working on this, because this is my biggest issue with the game. I love the concept, but this problem is making it harder and harder for me to enjoy playing it.

Also, no comments on what to do with idle units?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

The game was kicked out the door by the ex publisher, leaving the devs to pick up the pieces. Your best bet is to just put your extra orcs into armies. It's what I do with my orc town. I leave a defense force and then just put the rest in armies all over the world map. I totally agree with your statement about fluid movements too.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 AM

Ah alright, I got the impression that armies costs gold when outside of the town, maybe thats just if your army are carrying gold?

Oh I see... That really sucks for the developers, I really hope its their first prio though. This game has so much potential but I fear new players will just leave because of this
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Armies only lose gold when they carry more then their supply limit. I believe it's capped at ~50 gold a minute so if you're carrying several thousand gold it's not much of an issue. Making an all treant/horse cart/ogre army will allow it to carry massive amounts of gold due to using units designed to boost army capacity on the march.