Eurovision - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto
Default Eurovision

As some of you may know or may have watched the Eurovision 2009 took place on the 16th May. Norway walked away the victors but it isnt the winning that matters... it's the taking part...

I noticed a lack of such a topic and so decided to mention it

I personally enjoyed it however I did not think Norway should have won, I actually wanted Azerbaijan as they had a decent song and they are new to the Eurovision and are little heard of it would have been... interesting?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

I didnt watch all of it, only the final voting. I was sad though because the representative of my country, Ukraine, was a total ****. Last year was good, the year before that was stupid but funny (and classic), 2004 was amazing (and she won) but this time...ugh.
As for norway, I liked the song. And its a young guy, playing violin. Not some old pop ****.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
I didnt watch all of it, only the final voting. I was sad though because the representative of my country, Ukraine, was a total ****. Last year was good, the year before that was stupid but funny (and classic), 2004 was amazing (and she won) but this time...ugh.
As for norway, I liked the song. And its a young guy, playing violin. Not some old pop ****.
I didnt like Ukraine this year... and if you think Verka Seduchka was funny.... god help you! ah well

Britain had its best year in 7 years thanks to our representative but it was never going to get number one due to the downfalls of the competition, it is mainly pop that does well and they may have helped prevent country bloc's supporting each other but did not eliminate it, but bridges have been made this year, changes are occuring
Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
I personally enjoyed it however I did not think Norway should have won, I actually wanted Azerbaijan as they had a decent song and they are new to the Eurovision and are little heard of
I disagree, I think that Norway had a great song, and I absolutely hated Azerbaijan's and Turkey's entries. Britain did smashingly well, and I really liked Iceland's entry as well.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I disagree, I think that Norway had a great song, and I absolutely hated Azerbaijan's and Turkey's entries. Britain did smashingly well, and I really liked Iceland's entry as well.
Each to their own I liked Iceland's too and Malta's and Portugals they had... style? :P XD Azerbaijan and Turkey were a bit too mainstream indeed, but for some reason I just felt this pull to Azerbaijan... :/
Old 05-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Eurovision? What is that?

EDIT: Ohh, it's stuff about Europe... No wonder I never heard about it...
Old 05-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotyguy40 View Post
Eurovision? What is that?

EDIT: Ohh, it's stuff about Europe... No wonder I never heard about it...
haha word European stuff
Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

I was working and I missed it but I don't think I would have watched it anyway. Britain never takes it seriously, our top artists never perform so I find it boring to watch. Besides, I don't like pop and classical music much so I find it pretty boring. A competition with less mainstream music would be more appealing: garage, metal and grime would be much more interesting lol.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlez View Post
I was working and I missed it but I don't think I would have watched it anyway. Britain never takes it seriously, our top artists never perform so I find it boring to watch. Besides, I don't like pop and classical music much so I find it pretty boring. A competition with less mainstream music would be more appealing: garage, metal and grime would be much more interesting lol.
Indeed, but they cater for the mainstream masses... and indeed we dont pick our best talents, we never do... look on the bright side it cant get as bad as Scooch - Flying the flag.... its just not possible to get worse than that...
When Lordi won 2 years ago it was... interesting...? A band that wasnt mainstream won and i actually quite liked the song although they were terrible live...
Old 05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Lol yeah I was so surprised. They had cool costumes though.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.