LiTos456's Videos Thread - Page 11 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by massenic View Post
That's just amazing! It could really have been an official trailer.

So when may we expect you to make an official trailer?
Perhaps in some years, when I finally have my dream of working as a video editor for some game developer. *sigh*

But really, I don't want to sound self centered but I make a lot of videos and this one really surprised me... it's SO much like an official trailer with the voices and everything, I just LOVE how it came out.
I'm gonna make sure the Mass Effect community sees this!
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

massenic has fair reputation

Good luck with your dream! You're heading in the good direction. What I'm going to try (I want to become game programmer or 3d artist) that also might be good for you is getting some work (internship or in the case of video editor just one trailer) for a not well known game (a free game for example) so you have something that counts as experience. I don't know about video editing, but for programmers and artists you often need experience before you can get into the more interesting companies (and then we're not talking about the really big companies).

What program(s) are you actually using for your videos?
Old 01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
I don't know about video editing, but for programmers and artists you often need experience before you can get into the more interesting companies (and then we're not talking about the really big companies).
Building up a portfolio is a must for the gaming industry. It's very competitive, good luck you two.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I agree. I use Sony Vegas. Maybe in time I'll make a trailer for some company, but I can't even be hired yet, I'm a few months from turning 15 so it's that and another year until I can be hired.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

WOW, thats really good Litos456. I'm sure if you keep at it, someone will notice you.

I does look like a official trailer. keep up the good work.

Edit: damn those labor laws. In my opinion I encourage "kid sweat shops" *cough*.. I mean kid jobs with good benefits.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima

Last edited by Henry Martin : 01-09-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:22 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

well getting a job would be fun for me too i just don't think i have the skills necessary for anything.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

massenic has fair reputation

It's not really having the skills for something. It's all about practising.

At my school I have seen a lot of great guys, from who you would think they just had the talent. But when you see their work of a few years earlier, you understand that they just kept on working hard to improve their skills.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfang View Post
well getting a job would be fun for me too i just don't think i have the skills necessary for anything.
Try not to thing that way. I know you've heard this a lot, but practice makes perfect.

When I first started modeling I hated it and I sucked. I then kept on it during the first quarter we started and I got better. I have been modeling for around a year now and have come along way. I am now just geting into high poly modeling with mudbox. I am starting off better with that from the anatomy I have done.

You are probably looking at other peoples work as a whole which you shouldn't. All art is a process of building up. You start out big and then small. Which means you start out with the most general shapes or objects and the work your way done to the small detail. If that makes sense.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

blackfang has fair reputation

it does, but i mean i used years to learn German but i still can barely say hallo who bist du, and i don't even know if i spelled everything right. So learning is of course the best way but for me it would require days upon days upon years to learn a single thing i know i am very negative but better be negative and feel lighter if i make it then positive and get let down if i don't make it.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

LiTos, what's the Romanised form of Litos in Russian? I just remembered that litso in "A Clockwork Orange", by Anthony Burgess, meant face in nadsat, Burgess' combination of pseudo-Russian and English. Just an interesting, literary point for you