Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Level Design Issues - Town Balancing, Impassible Area, Wierd Looking Locations e.t.c - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tech Lead & Media Team Lead

Danny Vink has a default reputation
Default Level Design Issues - Town Balancing, Impassible Area, Wierd Looking Locations e.t.c

Report any level design issues including but limited to balance issues with a specific town related to the terrain. Any impassable areas that should be passable. Anything that just looks out of place like the wrong texture for somewhere on the ground.

Make sure to provide:
  • Provide the name of the town, which region you viewed to get there or whatever applies.
  • Please include a or several screenshots.
  • If applicable be specific as to why a certain area of terrain is imbalanced or be passable.

~Reverie World Studios
Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

Humans
The Wold
name of city: Holmgard
Username: Valkyrie

As you can see on this first picture my oil thingys are not on the gatehouse, also the gatehouse is impassable to walk up on as well as the 2 towers nearby.

I can however use the gatehouse to walk in and out of my keep so no problems there.

The area within the red border is impassable

Both these problems are on the outer-wall, both problems came up when i upgraded my gatehouses i think, cus they worked at the start.

first SS are on the far East side of wall, the other 2 are from the far west side.

Last edited by Valkyrie : 10-02-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Xanderxavier has a default reputation

Got a bit of an issue with one of my war lodges (and one of my hunter's lodeges to) in my Elven City in Bolfores'l , basically every time it builds a unit several of the units coming out walk straight through the outside wall whilst being created, if the gates arent closed those outside will immediately begin walking back round to the outergate to get back in and join the rest if it is closedthey remain stuck in the wall and you cant even see them without requesting the visible units to move to a location right next to them (which whilst wall closed only the ones outside do)

Begets:

this isnt the only issue also my Hunter's Lodge output's units into the rocks beside them, then they walk out of the rocks, but usually one or two get stuck in the rock and cant leave usually with their little heads sticking out on the left side of the rock where they get stuck, not got any to show you in pic below but it does show rocks and where quit clearly but definitely happens with Mounted Ranger's

Old 10-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

raulicio has a default reputation

Hi, i have experikenced a strange bug after the latest patch. I was in the middle of the construction of my second layer of walls, but after the patch the workers has just abandoned a construction and started a small layer of pallaside wall inside my stone walls. I would post a pic but not sure where to find the screenshots after the release.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Small bridge bug in Taltos.

The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*

Last edited by Jean=A=Luc : 10-04-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

GV 1.0.3 After patch 1.0.3 My upgraded stone gateways are now rebuilding themselves each time I reload my HC ie after questing or relogging. It doesn't appear to be using stone and the fully upgraded one appears in place while the scaffolding buildings up around it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (526.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by GPS51 : 10-15-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Human Sect:
Archer

raulicio has a default reputation

Sry but it seems they continue building the pallisade walls isntead of the stone ones( (the new patch should have fixed this)

Screenshot was taken after the appling the very recent patch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot4.jpg (608.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by raulicio : 10-05-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

nuraiel has a default reputation

I noticed that if you build Hoardings on stronger curved human walls, they often look very awkward and their supporting beams go into the air in front of the wall.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 PM

Cruzader has a default reputation

Two problems with human homelands in The Wold:

1) The southeast outer gate of the wooden palisade -- it appears impossible to move units on top of the towers on either side of the gate. It's possible on the western gate so I assume this is a bug.

2) On the tower just to the west of the aforementioned gate, there is a ladder on both sides of the tower -- there should only be a ladder on the inside. Furthermore, if you assign a unit to the top of that tower, they will go outside the walls and use the outer ladder.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

I can't go through my gates even when they are open. No units can get in or out of my city and my gatehouse is constantly building upgrades.