Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Morale units - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2009, 02:04 AM

Phylast has a default reputation
Default Morale units

I didn't specifically read anything about field healing units, but I'm sure there will be some. I was wondering though if there will be units specifically designed to boost morale of nearby allie units. Have them mana based (or equivalent), easy to kill, limited, etc.

Also, will there be buildings able to be built that allow for boosted morale or healing in the vicinity? Basically a place where important damaged units can retreat to and rest.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Kell Aset has a default reputation

Mages and heroes will have magic, abilities and bonuses.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

There are some abilities/spells which increase the statistics of units in the area temporarily.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Elven Sect:
Warden

norbici has a default reputation

How about Heroes having the ability to capture enemy units after battle taking them hostage and asking a ransom for them(in money or resources), from the enemy player. But if the captured units are from the same race as u, after the ransom expires u can keep them and use them in your own army. Same with the mercenary units that u will encounter during quests or raiding, for example after u killed the majority of the mobs u could have 3 options: Exterminate enemy, Let them flee or Capture/Enslave enemy and take them home where u can use them after a while.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbici View Post
How about Heroes having the ability to capture enemy units after battle taking them hostage and asking a ransom for them(in money or resources), from the enemy player. But if the captured units are from the same race as u, after the ransom expires u can keep them and use them in your own army. Same with the mercenary units that u will encounter during quests or raiding, for example after u killed the majority of the mobs u could have 3 options: Exterminate enemy, Let them flee or Capture/Enslave enemy and take them home where u can use them after a while.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbici View Post
Sounds similar to Total War's system of surrendering units... and we have discussed this in another topic where we debated the use of morale and possibly defection/surrender of units
Old 05-09-2009, 10:36 AM

Benjen has a default reputation

Hello everyone, this is really my dream game, great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Sounds similar to Total War's system of surrendering units... and we have discussed this in another topic where we debated the use of morale and possibly defection/surrender of units
I think have read that if your army, led by an hero is defeated, he appears hurt in your home settlement. It will be cool if he could be captured by the enemy and you have to pay for him rescue in gold or whatever that his captor demands, and if it's posible, with your captured troops .

sorry for my bad english
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Banned

MagicOPromotion has a default reputation
Default Morale units

As far as I know the battle group moral is directly connected to surviving units. ie lose half your teams, and your moral is down half, but then again I think some units effect the moral more when the get killed or damaged.
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===
Old 05-30-2009, 05:29 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjen View Post
I think have read that if your army, led by an hero is defeated, he appears hurt in your home settlement. It will be cool if he could be captured by the enemy and you have to pay for him rescue in gold or whatever that his captor demands, and if it's posible, with your captured troops .
Or perhaps as one of the available quests where you have to infiltrate a settlement and rescue the hero?

And as for the morales effect, I think it should be like games such as Dawn Of War, where it decreases under attack and when it gets low the units take increased damage and perhaps flee?
Old 05-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

i played something similar to that in rome total war and the fleeing part I don't really like it that much it so annoying