Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Wall bug, how can this still happen? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 05:15 AM

Nimiria is just above average reputation
Default Wall bug, how can this still happen?

I finished building the 2nd stone wall at my elven city (Bol Forest).

I made screens but they seem to have almost 8MB and canīt be uploaded here. Look into the links for them.

I have 2 questions for that:

1st: How can this still happen after all this time?

2nd: What can and will you do to fix this without deleting my city / having me to start all over again?

Since I have:

- Spent much time
- Spent much wealth
- Made many quests
- Have a very nice heroe over 20
- Have 4 Dragons (1 green, 1 blue, 2 haunters)

and I will not give up all this.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM

clucernoni has a default reputation

In those pictures, aren't the gaps in the wall on terrain that is impassible for ground troops anyway? (ie the lake and those mountains) While I agree that it doesn't look quite right not building walls there, I don't think they actually will have any impact on you during a siege.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:23 AM

I am not so sure if it is just that, I hope not. It looks terrible. But I saw one wall part raising up in the water and then it fell directly back and completly dissapeared.

I would say its a bug. Your idea at least explains, why the devs did not say anything
Old 11-06-2012, 06:12 AM

Yea. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. The walls should go all the way around. Let us know if I'm wrong about it not making a difference in a siege though.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for sharing Nimiria, and taking time to post the pictures!

To confirm these gaps are completely harmless during sieges - as that is impassible terrain. However - from the visual point of view we did mess up here. Before these empty spaces would be filled up by large Cliff objects, so most of these empty spaces would have high cliffs. Couple of months ago we ran an update to remove thousands of small stone objects from all the maps to boost performance, but unfortunately we also removed these Cliff objects. This also made most of the homelands maps have small visual glitches.

We did plan to fix this, but had to hold off until the next major patch, as distributing this update would make for a large 200 MBs patch. However - it is planned later this November, so after that patch your homeland walls will look much better.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Thanks for sharing Nimiria, and taking time to post the pictures!

To confirm these gaps are completely harmless during sieges - as that is impassible terrain. However - from the visual point of view we did mess up here. Before these empty spaces would be filled up by large Cliff objects, so most of these empty spaces would have high cliffs. Couple of months ago we ran an update to remove thousands of small stone objects from all the maps to boost performance, but unfortunately we also removed these Cliff objects. This also made most of the homelands maps have small visual glitches.

We did plan to fix this, but had to hold off until the next major patch, as distributing this update would make for a large 200 MBs patch. However - it is planned later this November, so after that patch your homeland walls will look much better.
Thanks for the reply. I look forward to the update!
Old 11-06-2012, 02:31 PM

Very nice I am glad to read that and canīt wait to see what you have done when it comes out
Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Vind has a default reputation

Lol and all this time i thought that my city was supposed to look like that. ahahahahahah