A PvP Que'ing Mechanic Needed - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation
Default A PvP Que'ing Mechanic Needed

Just as the topic states, I think having some sort of que'ing system for the PvP is what this game badly needs, instead of having to pay for pvp protection through resources and influence points, this way, you get PVP with ppl that ACTUALLY want pvp, while keeping the people that want to do all the quests and missions seperate from all those that want to only do pvp. This stops you using every single resource you have, on staying out of pvp, because at the moment with the game currently as it stands your just playing the game and missions to opt out of pvp'ing instead of gathering your rescources up to enjoy the PVE.

When this game hits steam, i think this would be extremely wise otherwise for players that like the game for its pve, might get left out in the cold and start complaining about it.. This would keep the systems seperate, but there for anyone who wants it while not having 2 completely different servers, and taking out the forced pvp in the game at the same time...

Just a simple icon in the GUI to que yourself for pvp or alliance pvp'ing so all the ppl in que are up for fighting eachother instead of dragging anyone in the near area into a pvp zone or having your entire homeland up for grabs that anyone near it can opted for without you even knowing untill its already done...

Last edited by Novakiller : 10-30-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:42 PM
DoF Moderator

miklos1 is just above average reputation

I think that would be a great idea. I spend most of my time on game looking for pvp. would be nice if a q'ue was added
Old 11-06-2012, 02:06 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

bonedripper has a default reputation

Indeed i kinda stopped playing this game because i can't find any pvp , i am still waiting for something to happen and there to be more players so i can do some pvp with someone...
Old 11-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Nova - great idea, and I regret we didn`t think of something like that a while back. However... (and I know I said this before) - I think a solution to all our problems is just 1 month away. We just arranged a huge promo that should see 10,000+ copies of the game go out with-in a month, and in addition unless something totally unexpected happens we should be on Steam in early December. So far each Greenlit game went through "Top Selling 10" games on Steam - that`s usually 1,500 new players per day...

So we`ll wait to see if higher player pop will fix PvP mechanics without a need for extra work on our end (rather work on Siegeworks right now), but if all that fails - your approach would be the right way to go.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Novakiller has good reputation

Yeah should be pretty awesome soon as this hits steam and I have faith it will and thanks for the reply...

Last edited by Novakiller : 11-07-2012 at 07:24 AM.