Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

DOFupdater.exe has stopped working! - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Shmevil has a default reputation

Sorry to be so persistent, Just wondering if there is any news that could help me?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:43 PM

Shmevil has a default reputation

Hi, just wanting to know seeing as there was no reply to the last one... is there any bit of news that could shine some light on this issue?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Shmevil,

Sorry to say our program is also out of ideas. Please contact me at support@reverieworld.com if you would like a refund - since this is legitimate refund reason

The only lead I have - is that reinstalling the windows should help (well most likely) - as this is definitely not a hardware or software problem - something in Windows configuration just stops it from working - as far as we can say from the log.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Human Sect:
Peasant

Horlf has a default reputation

Hi,
I've got the same problem here, did all that is mentionned above. The Read Only box is shaded each time. I uncheck it, apply, start the launcher, it crashes and Read Only is shaded again.
I tried to change the parameter, using cmd attrib -r C:\Program Files(x86)\Reverie World Studios. But it can't find program files (x86), even with quotes or if I type %programfiles(x86)%.
I tried in safe mode, same
Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 AM

mixvio has a default reputation

I bought the game through the Green Light bundle, downloaded it and got the exact same issue; asked for the cd-key every time, then the game crashes with the same DOFupdater.exe error. Windows 8 x64 bit.

I have to say, coming here and finding a reply of "oops we don't know, guess you're out of luck" is truly baffling and concerns me greatly as a new customer. Offering a refund is one thing, but given that I found out about this game in the first place through a promotion to get it on Steam it doesn't exactly bode well for me.

Very hopeful you guys can come up with an actual solution instead of expecting people to shrug.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:47 AM

mixvio has a default reputation

Running it through Visual Studio 2012 the debug error I get is

"TargetInvocationException was unhandled
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

and

"An unhandled Microsoft.NET Framework exception occurred in DoFUpdater.exe [1096]."
Old 10-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hey Mixvio, Welcome to DoF - and sorry to hear it`s starting out so bad for you!

Please follow the steps here to resolve this issue: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...14&postcount=2

And just course the solution didn`t work for Shmevil, doesn`t mean it won`t work for you.