Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Vote for DoF on Greenlight! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

ThatguyAds1298 has fair reputation

Yup voted, Good luck Reverie!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:28 AM

Partl has a default reputation

"Your account does not have sufficient privileges to perform this action."

Sorry, ppl... but steam - i reall dont like that platform. Hope i wont need it to play DoF, ever. Since i would have to take my hat, and wish a good life then...

This way, or the other. Good Luck, folks :) (at least i could put DoF to my favorites)

Last edited by Partl : 08-31-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 PM

Lippert has a default reputation
Default I say...

...This game is %$#ing amazing! I love it! Please, everyone, vote for the best original game I've ever played! Long live the Reveries!
Old 09-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

daikl has a default reputation

Even thou i dont play atm i like this game and the community and the devs.
Voted.
Favorited.
Commented.

Orc powah forever!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:23 PM

xxTHEMOBxx has a default reputation
Default Sale

When DoF gets onto steam, will the game be on sale?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

To be honest I`m not sure about Steam pricing, it might be on a regular 29.99$ since Steam usually enforces prices and decides when to put the game on sale. Also I guess they won`t include any special items like we do in our store, but again - it might be, I`m just not sure at this point as we can`t get any replies from Steam.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:18 PM

Partl has a default reputation

I very much hope, it works out good. This platform could bring the ppl needed, to make this game the blast, its intended to be... good luck!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 PM

SpeedKiller has a default reputation
Default Serious?

im so dissapointed! i just wanted to buy this game... and then?! u sell this influence points crap?
im so sad that u destroy this awsome idea of a game with this "buy to win" items...
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

SpeedKiller - DoF is NOT a pay to win game. Only 5% of our players use micro-transactions, and while it allows them to get some extra units, it in no way effects other players as during PvP we match only even player armies against each other. Players who choose to buy crowns to invest into additional units will only be matched against similar players with same army/town strength. So while 5% (a small minority) of players chooses to Pay, they don`t Win anything.

And I`m really starting to debate removing this system altogether, as it`s just giving DoF bad rep, as everyone assumes PayToWin.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

@Speedkiller

Just so you know
Influence Points can be Aquired by doing repeatable Quests and of course also by laying Siege on NPC Citys, by doing PvP or by doing normal Questline.

Simply said its not actually needed to buy Influence for Real Money
It makes life Easyr of course because you can speed up your progress

however
as Influence Points are an common currency you wont have any advantage against an player in PvP even if you paid real money for your influence.

Army STR is matched up for PvP so if you actually needed 2 hours to complete your Army or if you needed 1 hour because you speeded up with influence
wont matter at all during the actual battle :)

Pay to Win is simply sooo far off in this case ....

edit:
@Kon

To offer my Independent Opinion even if its not worth that much :P

I think you basicly got 3 Choices in this

1. Implement some larger Benfits which come at higher Crown Prices while making Crowns Cheaper to Buy so this Stuff can be Acquired only by Crowns or very Hard Work :P (For example an Premium Account which offers Increased Ressources Gain or stuff like Army Points Increase for Limited Time which give you an Additional Army Slot for an limited Period of Time and of course also costs considerable amount of Crowns)

2. Make Crowns much harder to gain ingame so people actually feel a greater benefit from buying them (Tough this will then actually promote the bad Repuation which is also why I personally would dislike it ^^)

3. Remove the Entire System and make it an Ingame only Currency (Question then would be how you Replace it because many people dislike if DLCs or other stuff which is Buy Only Showed up. But I doubt that its a good choice for a Company to remove an source of Income just like that so maybe it would make sense to replace it with an Premium Account which you can Buy for certain time periods and which will simply increase your income rates and rewards this would make it far easyr to explain upfront and would those mostly dissipate the pay to win rumors)

well just my two cents ;)

Last edited by Sunleader : 09-08-2012 at 08:58 AM.