Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Put the MMO in this RTS - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2012, 08:20 PM

Farenheit has a default reputation
Default Put the MMO in this RTS

Before I start ranting I wish to thank the Devs for a great RTS. I wish I could say an MMORTS.

I honestly can't see why this game has MMO in it. Aside the fact that you can play online with or against other players, I can't see why you'd call this an MMO.

There is not an ounce of idividuality in Dawn of Fantasy but the way you place your buildings.

Please, Devs, show some interest towards cusomisation. If you need an example, take a look at Mark Of Chaos (Warhammer RTS game). That game is more of an MMO than Dawn of Fantasy is right now.

So, I guess what I'm trying to suggest is to add more visual options for your hero and for your troops at least. People love that crap.

I'm aware the game is still in need of major fixes but come on, one feature per patch, no matter how minor.

Currently the hero is just a single unit that has no special use aside being an intermediary between the player and NPCs (and to boost army strength).

I don't know about other people but I sure would love this game 10x if you added something like:

- Basic troop and hero customisation, such as different troops, not just the same troop cloned (see Mark of Chaos).
- Visual upgrades, for example upgrading troops alters their look and taking it further, perks per level, for example upgrading a siege tower with spikes or something actually shows those spikes on it.
- Hero inventory (with visual effects). We all know people in MMO like loot, add this to your game, I beg you, it will further the MMO feel. Look at Spellforce, they got the idea right and they aren't even an MMO.

And there are a lot more things I'd love to say but I think this is enough for now. Remember, I'm not demanding for these changes to recieve priority, like I said I know there are many more issues that need fixing, but please start, slowly. to add things like these, MMO things.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

It was already said and the devs will do something about those things, but as always, all good things comes to those who knows to wait.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:42 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

already been said and noted
Old 08-14-2012, 02:01 PM

aramsm has a default reputation

Weird thing that you complain about this game isnt a MMO and then you suggest to add visual stuff, loot and other cosmetic things. Indeed this is important for any game, such as progress brought those things for most games, its like a pre-requisite. But as you complain about MMO thing, this wouldnt make the game, at least for me, more MMO than today.

Improving customisation is cool, but honestly there are other elements that needs more attention, like MMO features. I mean: trading, alliance, more modes of PvP and PvE (like dificult levels), and I would suggest more dinamyc to PvE (like bosses, roamming bandits and NPC patrols etc.). I also wanted to see others armies and cities, but Devs already told us this is not possible to implement.

I also want to remember that this game is a MMO RTS, not MMORPG, so the strategy elements should always be on first priority. The game, imo, lacks some aspects of strategy, like advantage positions (mountains that you could climb and hold to take an advantage, rivers, woods to hide, narrow passes etc. - look at Medieval Total War II) in army vs army mode. Also, sometimes I ask myself if the level feature is good or ruin the game, since it took off the strategy and make you win because your troops are leveled, since I dont trust 100% on the balance of matchmaking system.

Anyway, customization is important but its not what makes and game a MMORTS.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:58 PM

teoxd has a default reputation
Default First modifying and upgrading Rts

I believe the Dev should be modifying and upgrading the RTS aspects of the game before going into the MMO part. Due to the fact that the game lacks a lot of variety of an RTS since its still a beta game that got released accidentally, we should help the DEVS by creating ideas and mods such as buildings, villages, units, etc. so that it can help speed up the process of implementing and creating updates. MMO aspect can be done after they have improved the overall strategy of the game.