Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

"Siegeworks" Expansion Pack Announced! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default "Siegeworks" Expansion Pack Announced!

It`s with great pride and joy that we get to officially announce the "Siegeworks" expansion pack today! This absolutely free, yet massive expansion is our way of saying "Thank You" to the community that supported us through all the years in development, long year in the beta and our first months online. And Siegeworks is gonna be a good one! You can find the full press-release with 10 new screenshots and list of the major features below. And as always we`ll be happy to answer all your questions. Right away though I`ll have to mention that we don`t have a specific release date yet - but we are looking at early 2013 - Winter early.

Announcing “Siegeworks” Expansion Pack for the new siege combat MMORTS Dawn of Fantasy

Toronto, Canada – 10/08/2012 Reverie World Studios has announced plans for the first expansion pack to their flagship MMORTS game - Dawn of Fantasy. This massive expansion pack, titled Siegeworks, is due for release later this fall, and promises to greatly enhance the gameplay experience in Dawn of Fantasy's Online Kingdom. And the best part - this expansion is absolutely free! Reverie World Studios has stated that they see this as a way to give back to the community that supported the development of Dawn of Fantasy over the years.

The new expansion will put a strong emphasis on Player vs Player siege combat with the introduction of territorial control and epic realm warfare. In addition, the expansion will also greatly expand the game world, adding new towns to attack, new units to recruit, more quests to complete and new gameplay options.
This massive expansion comes with an impressive feature list:
  • More Towns - Fifteen new NPC towns that players can visit, siege and defend! This more than doubles the number of attackable NPC towns in the game world
  • New Territorial Control gameplay - players will be able to take command of any of new and existing NPC towns across the realm either through the expanded diplomacy system or through
    conquest
  • New PvP Mode - players will battle each other for control of NPC towns in the brand new NPC Town Siege and NPC Town Defense modes
  • New Units - Several new siege engines and units will be added to the game, giving even more strategic options within Dawn of Fantasy's already impressive siege combat gameplay
  • More Quests - the existing quest storyline will be expanded, plunging players into global warfare as various NPC realms and towns fight for domination providing a lot of siege combat opportunities
Get ready to experience Dawn of Fantasy like never before. With fantastic siege combat in a persistent online world environment, players will build, trade, ally and siege with hundreds of other players as they try to dominate the entire realm in the most elaborate persistent MMORTS game on the market!
In the weeks leading up the launch of Siegeworks, Reverie World Studios plans to release numerous showcases, a detailed feature walkthrough and a video overview.

Stay up to date at the official website: http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/ and Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/hy9mQs

About Reverie World Studios, INC.
Based in Toronto, Ontario, Reverie World Studios is set to take full advantage of the rapidly expanding market for interactive entertainment media. Boasting a next-generation game engine, a completed MMORTS - Dawn of Fantasy, and a team of talented and experienced designers, the scene is set for Reverie to become a leading Canadian exporter of interactive media and retain a concentrated talent pool capable of pushing the boundaries of the industry.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 12-12-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

Revenger571 has a default reputation

Great expansion, But will there be new terrains like the picture on the top left that you can build a castle on?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

It looks very sexy
Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 AM

aramsm has a default reputation

Really really nice. Waiting ansiously =D
Old 08-10-2012, 02:33 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Do I See Boats?
Old 08-10-2012, 04:24 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

There are boats, and while Siegeworks doesn`t add full on Naval stuff - this will be part of the High Seas expansion pack (with navy vs navy pvp, naval quest storyline, island npc towns, sea-shore based homelands e.t.c). However Siegeworks does include Amphibious Sieges. For example - you and your friend are sieging an NPC port town (or perhaps it controlled by another player). One of you would start with your army on land, and another would have his army positioned on boats, you`ll land and attack the enemy.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

Revenger571 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
There are boats, and while Siegeworks doesn`t add full on Naval stuff - this will be part of the High Seas expansion pack (with navy vs navy pvp, naval quest storyline, island npc towns, sea-shore based homelands e.t.c). However Siegeworks does include Amphibious Sieges. For example - you and your friend are sieging an NPC port town (or perhaps it controlled by another player). One of you would start with your army on land, and another would have his army positioned on boats, you`ll land and attack the enemy.
Omg sea-shore based homelands <------- sounds amazing i hope they look like the castle on the top left picture
Old 08-10-2012, 05:40 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

seeing as how you're adding Territories, is it safe to assume alliances will be added too?
Old 08-10-2012, 05:53 PM

Quick Update - I`be out of the office until the 14th, so I`ll only be able to anwser all the questions one I`m back.:( sorry guys
Old 08-10-2012, 10:17 PM

trooper55 has a default reputation

So will there be more you can do to your current town like more walls different wall setups? Would be awesome to have more you can do in your town.