Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

A few pre-game purchase questions - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 06:20 PM

Bonertron has a default reputation
Default A few pre-game purchase questions

Hello Everyone, a few friends and I are looking for a new game to play, and I have a few questions about this one before we all dive in.

Is this game the type of game that a bunch of us could all play together and enjoy?

Is it something that promotes multiplayer alliances, and allows people to play together?

When you attack someones castle, do you actually get to wreck it, or what are the consequesces of war?

If Im being attacked, can one of my allies (friends) come and help me defend? Or on the other hand, can we joint attack someone else?

I just want to clear up these few questions before putting the push on my friends... I will be in big crap if I convince everyone to play a game that ends up not suiting us.

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Q: Is this game the type of game that a bunch of us could all play together and enjoy?
A: Yes

Q: Is it something that promotes multiplayer alliances, and allows people to play together?
A: Sort of... it has multiplayer and the online kingdom that lets you play all together with others around the world, but the alliances system is not available at this moment. Still you can do quests coop siege or pvp together.

Q: When you attack someones castle, do you actually get to wreck it, or what are the consequesces of war?
A: Attacking a castle causes the attacked player to loose troops resources and some buildings including walls and towers. It is more of a benefit for the attacker not a loose for the defender.

Q: If Im being attacked, can one of my allies (friends) come and help me defend? Or on the other hand, can we joint attack someone else?
A: Hmmm

Q: I just want to clear up these few questions before putting the push on my friends... I will be in big crap if I convince everyone to play a game that ends up not suiting us.
A: I belive the game will suit your needs but if you want more fun then wait for the free expantion and you'll not be dissapointed. Still, if you buy the game now you can explore all the fun it has till the expantion.

Q: Thanks!
A: Don't mention it
Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hello and welcome to our forums!

I would also like to mention that some features you are obviously looking for - controlling numerous towns with your friends will only be available in the Siegeworks expansion pack we announced yesterday (free expansion). However - there is already a lot you can do with your friends. Player vs Player Town assaults, Player vs Player field combat, Co-op Capital Town sieges, Co-op Quests.

And if you do buy the game and decide to invite your friends, make sure you use the in-game Invite Friends feature - this way both you and your friends will get 20$ in free stuff.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:18 AM

Bonertron has a default reputation

Thanks for the quick responses, I really appreciate it! I downloaded the game last night, and I just managed to get a text message off to my friends in time to tell them to wait for me to send them an invite. I look forward to playing with all of you, I think this game has HUGE potential. See you online!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Hello and welcome to our forums!

I would also like to mention that some features you are obviously looking for - controlling numerous towns with your friends will only be available in the Siegeworks expansion pack we announced yesterday (free expansion). However - there is already a lot you can do with your friends. Player vs Player Town assaults, Player vs Player field combat, Co-op Capital Town sieges, Co-op Quests.

And if you do buy the game and decide to invite your friends, make sure you use the in-game Invite Friends feature - this way both you and your friends will get 20$ in free stuff.
WAIT WAIT- controlling towns with your friends? this maans alliances?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

hmmm, sort of...