Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

why no updates - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules
Default why no updates

What happened to that lag removal promised months ago? - mass unit lag.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Mostly due to the small community size atm. It`s a higher priority to increase the number of players, and once things are back on track and we have solid number of daily players we can continue with updates. We`ll have an announcement about this next week.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:34 AM

Wolfentir has a default reputation

You guys must be in a tricky situation. Not enough players to keep updating, but if you don't update player will not keep coming.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:29 AM

but this army-lag itself drives people like myself away from this game..........it's a huge enjoyment blocker.. T_T
Old 07-21-2012, 12:49 PM

aramsm has a default reputation

I think I didnt understand it right. Dont you guys update because of the lack of players?? Whats the relation about one thing with the other?? Is it lack of feedback? Well I guess we provided some feedback of what we want, at least some stuff to make an update.

Ive visited this forum every day looking for any news. It was some rumors about a huge update at this summer (USA summer I mean, because its winter here), but till now nothing. Im still waiting for this and pathfind, guilds etc but I cant keep playing this game anymore without any of those stuff or some new feature. I feel I did everything that the game could provide me, so... I even dreamt with this game one day before, I miss one MMORTS, but still I cant come back to DoF yet.

Well Im waiting for any update and I cant see why we cant have it because we have few ppl playing the game.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

The pathfinding update is still planned and in the works, but as I`ll explain bellow we had to divert our resources away from it. We will be working on other cool stuff for the rest of the summer as well - so patching didn`t completely stop - I should have phrased my original reply differently. But - we had to slow down the rate of updates, as myself and other staff concentrate on more marketing oriented activity.

After spending half a year greatly improving the game from the state the publisher released it in, it`s not "that bad" for new players (granted it`s still missing long term playability). And in order to get more work force committed to DoF - not only for fixes, but also new content - we need to get a smooth stream of new players going first. Next week we`ll announce more details on this, including a new distributor for the game and some other info.

Also we have another high priority right now - making updater work perfectly and creating a new simple installer for the game - this is expected next week.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 07-21-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

bonedripper has a default reputation

So i bought this game 5 months ago and after i finished it ( 3 days ) i just got bored of him i mean , i can't make PVP because of huge amount of lag So i get bored...
That was at beginning , but i still had 1-2 players to play with , with that lag .. it was acceptable ... NOW when i enter the game i can't find anyone online , i don't have with who to play ... and i get bored again and i exit... i feel like i wasted my money on this game and that's bad because the community is great , you are the most nice developer i ever met on mmorpg games , and i played lots of mmos. But the thing is we don't have players -.- or if we have they are not online in night time - america , because i am on europe. So .. hope you guys will do something to attract more players. I am sure that if this game would be a little bit more populated it would be more fun , i mean seriously? I didn't did a pvp in months , and i love this game it's really nice idea , very cool system but i get bored if i play alone Anyway hope you will do something maybe repair this lag problem faster dunno , something that will get more players into our community so i can have someone online to pvp with...
Thanks and hope this game will become famous!
Old 07-21-2012, 04:09 PM

Shocker has a default reputation

Do not worry they will remove all issues.I can guarantee you that the people that worked on this games solved every issue in like 2 3 days a week tops.
Btw if you are from Romania then we should meet some time in the game because i am from Romania too.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:29 PM

hopefully it all works out
Old 07-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Just to expand a bit on what Kon said and give you an insight into the dedication of the dev team...

Gameplay bug and balance fixes are fairly quick changes to make and will usually be patched within a week of them being reported, but larger projects like pathfinding and new content take time and quite often are delayed by more high priority fixes and marketing work. As Kon said, we are still working on adding some cool new things but I think we should keep them under wraps for a bit longer so people don't get too excited and then disappointed by the inevitable delays.

One thing to keep in mind about the frequency of updates - we are not a big budget studio, we are a very small team working for very little/no pay. What money Reverie does get from sales mostly goes towards marketing to bring in new players and, of course, server costs. But don't worry too much, the game was made without the devs getting paid much and with or without pay we'll keep working on the game and we'll keep the servers running for many more years to come

In the meantime, we are looking at various options for increasing funding without gouging players by increasing price or filling the shop with pay-to-win uber-units, which quite frankly is more likely to drive players away. Steam Greenlight is one of those options and with the help of all our players as well as everyone on the forums who is yet to buy the game we will hopefully finally get Dawn of Fantasy on Steam.

If we are able to increase our funding through exposure on Steam and our other options then we will be able to return to full-time development and can then add in the features we are working on much quicker.

We are grateful to everyone who has supported us and continues to support us by buying and playing Dawn of Fantasy, but we hope you understand when we don't always release an update on time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

tl;dr - we are a small company, we are trying to get funding to increase frequency of updating/adding features, until then delays, thanks for support

Last edited by Brian Shingles : 07-23-2012 at 04:53 AM.