Races - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Tbeaz161 has a default reputation
Default Races

I was wondering what you all thought of for some new races? There are the regulars I can think of we can add like demons, undead, and dwarves. Then there are some things you don't usually see or something unique:

1. An avion race that would be like bird people they would be able to fly of course. Maybe you could have you troops fly up on trees and they would have a greater vision. Also many of there troops would be able to pick up troops with there talons and drop them. You could have a troop that could ride an ostrich like creature. There base would probaly be a giant tree. enemies seigeing them would have to climb up the tree or they could try and burn parts. Not all birds live in nests so you could have burrows were some of you people could live. They would have a hatchery were the chicks would grow and peasants could go for protection if they were under attack

2. Gnomes those would be cool and they aren't just tinkerers if you have ever played a game called runescape, they have gnomes "which are these little green guys who alwasy wear pointy hats" They don't tinker actually they are sorta like the traditional elves they live in trees and use bows and arrows. They also ride theys big birds called terrorbirds and fly around gliders. The gnome city would have wooden walls with some trees holding up diffrent buildings. There would be a ranch like thing were they would hold any mounts. Possibly if you wanted you could have diffrent tech trees. A nature like gnomes or the techno gnomes. And remeber Techno doesn't have to be futuristic gadgets I'm sure gnomes would be very good craftsmen with wood.

3. I think aquatic people would be cool. You could put your buildings underwater or in marshes. They should be able to tame and ride seamonsters. You could have frog like poeple as your peasents. The city would have the lower class things like farms or houses above water possibly in marshes and palaces and such in the water. The buildings under water would not to deep or maybe they could have platforms were they could submerge or unsubmerge. You would want the whole town to be seigeable and be able to be attacked by melee troops as well of course.

What ideas do the rest of you have?
Old 04-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Personally, I'm fine with what they have right now.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 04-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
Personally, I'm fine with what they have right now.
Yea but these are for like future expansions and the 2nd 1 wouldn't some new races be nice?
Old 04-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbeaz161 View Post
Yea but these are for like future expansions and the 2nd 1 wouldn't some new races be nice?
Undead or dwarfs (independent from Men ATM) are apparently the "most likely" races to appear in future expansions or w/e, and yes new races would be nice...but with new races comes the issue of disruption that very fine, sacred...and almighty: Balance! Oh mighty balance would have to be implemented to make sure new races follow the rules...and of course can take time .

Some nice ideas though, but runescape? Lol no offense but you must of been desperate to play that game . (coming from someone who played it till lvl 78 *cough* xD)

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-13-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by †TYRANICK†™ View Post
Undead or dwarfs (independent from Men ATM) are apparently the "most likely" races to appear in future expansions or w/e .

Some nice ideas though, but runescape? Lol no offense but you must of been desperate to play that game
*GASP* Of course I don't play runescape anymore!
Old 04-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Haha good good :P. BTW welcome to the forums ^^
Old 04-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by †TYRANICK†™ View Post
Haha good good :P. BTW welcome to the forums ^^
Thankk you for the welcome. Also don't forget you can have some completely unique ideas. Power to the purple flying hipopatumas race!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

lol, Age of Mythology fan I see
I think the Gnome, Avion race and Elves are too similar. The Dwarves (ugh) and Undead (smitten ) are most likely to be inputted in DoF2. But DoF1 first! Must not get ahead of ourselves.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
lol, Age of Mythology fan I see
I think the Gnome, Avion race and Elves are too similar. The Dwarves (ugh) and Undead (smitten ) are most likely to be inputted in DoF2. But DoF1 first! Must not get ahead of ourselves.
The avions and gnomes may seem alike but I bet if you go into depth they are quite diffrent
Old 04-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

well for starters i think you got the gnome race all wrong, they shouldnt be like elves what so ever. They should be tinkers 'Should not be just tinkers' would take the fun outa the gnomes. Geneticaly tiny yet massive ideas and constructions.

But i only think other races that should be added are dwarves and maybe undead just because they have their own style set them appart from other races such as the undead being all dark and misurable. Yet dwarves proud and a honorable race. In a fantasy i dont want 'Which race shall i be a ranger elf type forest lord or a gnome ranger trype forest lord?'