Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Religion? and Specialization ? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 09:50 AM

Gigz has a default reputation
Default Religion? and Specialization ?

I did a quick search and found nothing so here it go

will this game contain religion , as in different religion give unique religious units bonus and so forth, Im thinking giving each faction a variety of religion so not every orc / elve / human player end up being the same , and while we at it , can we expect player to specialize in certain units as in having one kind of class with better stats or such , as in as a Human I focus on my knights hence i get access to a more elite version of knights , or I focus on archers and get access to better archers as in , more accurate at the lose of speed or vise versa and so on ^^ allot of posibilities come to mind , if not do the mods capabilities of the game permit us to do something like I mentioned

one last thing since this gonna be online but also modable I take online mode will stay as vanilla DOF, whoever I know allot of great mobs will be released , can we expect Dof Staff to add the best of the mobs into the online playing while they tweak them for balance and anything else they need to do with it ^^
Old 04-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

not civ4 jk

the units lvl and u can choose which stats to raise else they become better so u have specialization
Old 04-26-2009, 04:27 PM

Gigz has a default reputation

and medieval as in , orders get u unique units from that order , but the specialization one I took it from real medieval history as in England was good with Bows , France with Knights and so on , so wanted to know is that feel gonna be on DoF or if it can be modded to work like that ^^
Old 04-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigz View Post
and medieval as in , orders get u unique units from that order , but the specialization one I took it from real medieval history as in England was good with Bows , France with Knights and so on , so wanted to know is that feel gonna be on DoF or if it can be modded to work like that ^^
As you know every race has 3 variations (different regions they start in) and some (if not all) of those sub factions do specialize in certain style of warfare so their corresponding units do get bonuses.

Iirc those "mountain" elves have better spellcasters, humans living in the desert have better cavalry etc.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 04-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
As you know every race has 3 variations (different regions they start in) and some (if not all) of those sub factions do specialize in certain style of warfare so their corresponding units do get bonuses.

Iirc those "mountain" elves have better spellcasters, humans living in the desert have better cavalry etc.
Exactly, But since we've heard nothing about religions id guess it wont be feutered. Maybe in the next one (U can always hope)

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

OrcSlayer has a default reputation

It was said in the offical factions u want to see thread that there is no religon in this game but on the site it says the main orc campain character is the messiah of eternia If religon is in Dof2 or an expansion pack I think orcs worship should a fire deity

Last edited by OrcSlayer : 04-27-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

No! That defeats the whole purpose of magic. Orcs would have a natural affiliation with fire then, in which case the whole complex options of the magic system would be marginalised. Besides, why would Orcs worship a fire diety? Because it's been done before? I can't remember how many times we've gone over breaking conformity...
Messiah probably refers to a leader, not a prophet of some god.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Messiah probably refers to a leader, not a prophet of some god.
Messiah means "Son of God" or "God" and or a meaning relating to 'someone great' saving and or protecting many.

Dawn Of Fantasy has its own realm and its own universe, our Humans, Elves, Orcs, Dragons, Dwarves and any other race we create in dof does not have a universal connection to any real life or fantasy universes ( E.I. J.R.Token's).
This means, in dof there is no religion that relates to real life, there is how ever many supernatural orbs and beings and perhaps a Spiritual Realm that does favor the Elves.
Whether or not Dawn of Fantasy has Religion and or Evolution is still undecided if it will be gameplay changing or story/writing referred only; there is already great specialization per race and per player, therefore the need for Religion in Dawn of Fantasy's Realm is minor.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

I find spiritual ambiguity is preferable. As soon as you have explicit "gods" that meddle, either directly or indirectly, they become incredibly boring things.

Anyways, if the magic system described to us a few months ago is still what we're in for, I don't think we'll need anything else.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

I think at this stage of development with some idea of release and beta testing adding in something as big as this just seems like too much work-espeically if it won't have much of an effect. Personally I think the game will be best off without Gods, after all who needs to worry about pleasing their God whilst building a city and defending it.