Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Dof.exe Stopped Working - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM

Adamswj has a default reputation
Default Dof.exe Stopped Working

Shortly after log in I get the error message Dof.exe has stopped working and it stops the program. Any ideas on how to fix? The game was working fine until today.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:53 AM

tigerinuzuka has a default reputation

Nice. Four months of no response in a technical support thread.

I'll go ahead and throw my story in here too.

Me and my girlfriend bought this game from gamestop about a year or two ago.
I got home only to find out the advertised features that interested us (mostly being able to run skirmishes together or pvp with/against eachother) was under developement and I had been tricked into buying a beta game from gamestop. I made a forum thread to complain about this false advertisement and warn away potential customers that could be tricked into it as well, but nothing came from it other than "we're working on it, and we dont have an ETA" and them claiming complete innocence in taking peoples money promising them a game that isnt made yet. Anyways so I recently got an email that offered me a free game key (for signing up in the forum a year or two ago) so I figured that even though I forced gamestop to give me a refund for the game, I'd see if it would be worth buying. The email promised that "the game is now much closer to what we had hoped it would be" and whatnot, saying how they fixed most of the bugs.

In the meantime I had upgraded my gaming computer from laptop to desktop and I downloaded the game, and the first thing it does is "DOF.exe has stopped working". Game freezes and I have to cancel the windows "searching for solutions" (which Ive never ever seen it find one, so why does that feature exist) which closes the frozen game.

So in a year it went from a buggy game to a game that wont even start, great!

I reinstalled the game, I downloaded that .net version 4 garbage and it still doesnt work.

Thanks reverie!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:59 AM

BTW, just in case you decide to respond to your technical issues, here's the log before the game crashes in the log1.txt file:

Time is 2012 8 5 2:31
Mithrill Setting Up 0,0
Found 2 Proccessors
Lua Opened
Lua Set Up
Found aihomelands
Found homeland
Found intromap
Found introvid.st
Found introvid.ws
Found quests
Found regions
Found resource
Found skirmish
Found towns
Found worldmap
PackManager Initialized
Default Settings Initialized
Raster SetUp Begin
Raster Formats Decided BackBuffer=22 ZBuffer=75
Raster Entered 1280x1024 @0
Raster ShadowMap Format=D3DFMT_A16R16G16B16F
Raster DXTN Support Found
Using Compressed Textures
Raster error couldn't open Vertex Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_text.20.cvsh"
Raster error couldn't open Vertex Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_quad.20.cvsh"
Raster error couldn't open Vertex Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_quad3D.20.cvsh"
Raster error couldn't open Vertex Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_quadoutline.20.cvsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_notexture.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_simpletexture.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_textureonly.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_alphaonlytexture.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_alphareplicatetexture.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_textodepth.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_textodepthplusalpha.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_simplesignedtexture.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_greytexture.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_redtoall.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Vertex Shader "Resource/Shader/raster_robustparticle.20.cvsh"
Raster SetUp
Audio SetUp Begin
Audio SetUp Finished
Raster error couldn't open Vertex Shader "Resource/Shader/object_prt_static.20.cvsh"
Raster error couldn't open Vertex Shader "Resource/Shader/object_prt_animated.20.cvsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/object_prt.20.cpsh"
Raster error couldn't open Pixel Shader "Resource/Shader/object_prt_mask.20.cpsh"
LOGONLY: SetGameMode(mode=startup)
LOGONLY: SetGameMode(mode=startup)
Old 08-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Tigerinuzuka - sorry to hear about your terrible experience. I completely agree with you - DoF came out a really crappy shape.

In our defense - it wasn`t us - the developer, who released the game, but the publisher 505 Games - they basically released unfinished alpha version of the game. And with sales - it again wasn`t us, but the publisher who got their hands on your hard earned money.

We have broken off with 505 Games following that disastrous release, and did all we can to fix the game after that, with 40+ patches - including the features you mentioned - PvP and CoOp. So I hope you can see that we are trying

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 08-05-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:49 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Ok now lets fix your problem - could you let me know what video card your new desktop PC has?

Meanwhile you could try the following:

1) Restart your PC, upgrade video card drivers, install newest direct X, and try starting the game again.

2) Find the folder where you installer Dawn of Fantasy and locate file called Resources.mithpak, delete that file, run the updater, and try to start the game again.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

For some unknown reason, I can't make threads so I'll just post it here. Since yesterday, whenever I open DoF, it takes a long time to load the version cache. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:56 AM

Sure I have Radeon x600 series 1.4g video memory
I'll try each of your suggestions and respond with the results.
Thanks for the speedy response!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:36 AM

1. Restart your PC
- Done.
2. Upgrade video driver
- I went to manage my computer right clicked my display and hit update and it says that windows detected that my driver was up to date. Done.
3. Install newest directx
- According to DXDIAG I am using directx 11 and I couldnt find a better version online.
4. Delete resources.mithpak, update, and run game.
- I assume that was a typo because I could only find resource.mithpak, and I deleted it, ran the updater, and there was unfortunately no change to my inability to run the game.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:38 AM

I`ve checked the specs on Radeon x600 series, and I found that it was released in 2007, and only supports Shaders v2, and overall a really old card - well it used to be great for gaming in 2007.

This would explain why it doesn`t want to run the game... but can you confirm the video card is indeed that old and doesn`t support Shaders v 3?

Any Radeon new HD cards (or even going back to 2008) should run DoF just fine - as long as they support Shaders v3.

SOURCE: http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/services...radeonX600.pdf
Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 AM

Gah, it had better processer better memory better video memory, I just didnt do my video card research then T_T Pretty sad when a laptop video card out performs a desktop video card.

Alright thanks for the help.