Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Game bugged out - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 AM

scutarilegion has a default reputation
Default Game bugged out

I fought the battle in "A knight is born" quest, and was successful in it. Then I attempted to return to the world map. But for some reason, the loading screen stayed in, though I could hear sounds like "some of thy workers need to be given a job". So I shut down the game with the task manager.

Then I re-opened the game, and found myself in this situation: I had been thrown back to the point where I had neither completed the quest, or had gathered the army for it. In short, I lost the "game save".
Old 07-27-2012, 04:14 AM

I have now retried the battle, and again the same problem comes. The game get's stuck in the loading screen, and also I can for some reason, edit the advice text in the loading screen
Old 07-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hello scutarilegion,

I checked the log and looks like your internet had a brief interruption both times you were doing that quest, and yes - in these cases there is a bug that makes game disconnect from the server and not save properly (this is why you were stuck on the loading screen - the game couldn`t find a progress save). We are working on a solution to this rare issue.

One recommendation meanwhile - it helps if you are not downloading anything while you play DoF, and once in a while restart your internet modem/router - somehow that helps as well.

And I just checked your town progress and it looks like you completed this quest successfully now, hopefully this issue won`t happen to you again.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:24 PM

Yes, it seems so. But after I completed the quest, I went for another one by going to Dagbor 8where there was contact with the king), and then I tried to return to the campaign map. The same problem occured again. Now I've restarted the game, and I see that the quest is still complete. But the army I had with me in the quest has now disappeared.