Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Help us test Updater fixes! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Talking Help us test Updater fixes!

Guys,

As some of you might have noticed - lately we had some bad issues with DoF Updater getting stuck on downloading some file, or not even letting new players install the game - getting stuck on Validating or Patch Received.

Yesterday we have finally completely a fix - big thanks to Tyler! And now we are curious to see how well it worked. In theory it should have solved all of the updater issues with progress getting stuck.

I`ve just released a test patch - it doesn`t really patch anything, but your Updater would need to re-download some files. So please let us know here if it all works smoothly.

Oh and if someone has some time to spare and can actually reinstall the game and see if it works - that would also help
Old 08-01-2012, 12:09 PM

City Builder has a default reputation

I'm installing the game from scratch again. I'll let you know once I get out of the Downloading updater update hell.

What I mean is when somebody first installs the game, the updater has to update I don't know how many times, 50, 100, I really don't know, it just keeps updating the updater like it did the last time that I installed DOF a few months ago, so once it's done I'll let you know the full progress and how it went.

I will make one suggestion though... If at all possible make it so that the updater quits stealing the focus of the computer. I would like it to run in the background so that it stops popping up the downloading update to the updater screen every 30 seconds or so while I'm doing other things on the computer waiting on it to download all updates. For that matter it would actually be better if at all possible to just download all updates as one update instead of a 100 or more little updates which is just annoying to most users I imagine.

Honestly this updater is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. I move my browser window over to my 2nd monitor so that I can continue to work on my browser work while the game updates the updater and what the f happens? The updater moves to my 2nd monitor and comes over the top of my browser, meanwhile I then move my browser back to my main monitor and the f'ing updater moves back to the main computer monitor too. This needs some work.

Once all the downloading updater updates were done, it's now on the updating of the actual game and that seems to be working okay so far.
15 files remaining
14 files remaining
10 files remaining
9 files remaining
8 files remaining
7 files remaining
3 files remaining
2 files remaining
1 files remaining

Game files updated successfully

Although the game will let me click the Editor or Play button, the green update bar continues to move from left to right, kind of confusing I imagine for some players that are going to think that it's still updating since the bar keeps moving the green bar from left to right.

Last edited by City Builder : 08-01-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 PM

hotwheels114 has a default reputation
Default still not updated

I see that there is a new patch (1.2.6) but my system still shows i have patch 1.2.5. has the patch actually been put out or was that just telling us a new patch is coming?
Old 08-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for the reports guys, glad to see it`s working fine, this issue with 1.2.5 is harmless just a number missmatch on the updater We`ll fix it shortly.