Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Territory Wars(on world map) - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 11:08 PM

picobee has a default reputation
Default Territory Wars(on world map)

I just have an idea . I dont know how far you can take it but here it is..

i means since we dont see each other on the world map. wouldnt it be nice to see the cities on the world map that can be fought for?? and owned? it'll definately show which player is strong!!

just my idea to improve battle pvp.since the world map is abit open and plenty of more rooms for cities and capitals.. there should be certain cities and capitals that when you lay siege to it, afterwards you own it.. You wont own for good because ownership would always be a battle with other players..

When the players own it. it'll show on the world map also. so we dont have to guess or search empty fields for a pvp battle..

may the best player win!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:52 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

Here's a five second sketch on how i think it might be done

Basically form up the different areas into sectors, and make some sort of "control" method of taking and defending sectors. such as building keeps (preferable bigger ones than the ones currently available, the orc's reinforced camps is far to tiny, it makes it impossible to organize your troops from it.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:07 AM

yes i agree. the sectors of each territory that can be fought for is a great idea. to add ontop of that. we should get flags of our city to fly on these territories so players know who has won it..

for instance humans, elfs, orcs... so if a human won the territory we fly the human flag,, and if the elfs then elf flag.. etc etc
Old 05-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by picobee View Post
yes i agree. the sectors of each territory that can be fought for is a great idea. to add ontop of that. we should get flags of our city to fly on these territories so players know who has won it..

for instance humans, elfs, orcs... so if a human won the territory we fly the human flag,, and if the elfs then elf flag.. etc etc
rather I'd say alliances, elves fight elves, human fights humans, and orc's definitely fight orcs.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:38 AM

but that wouldnt be any fun fighting same race over n over lol thats why we mix it up
Old 05-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

This sounds really cool, and not too hard to put in game. Hope the devs consider it.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

*Considering it...*
Old 05-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Nibelton has a default reputation

there is known word "Engine Limitations",so if it has it,then no,u wont have it :P
and if im not mistaking,making/remake enige will req. changes to the DB,which is not an option,as it could resoult in total wipe or countless hours of work that could be spent elsewhere.
even remaking enginge is a long work,and will req. to rollback to beta stage.

Last edited by Nibelton : 05-28-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibelton View Post
there is known word "Engine Limitations",so if it has it,then no,u wont have it :P
and if im not mistaking,making/remake enige will req. changes to the DB,which is not an option,as it could resoult in total wipe or countless hours of work that could be spent elsewhere.
even remaking enginge is a long work,and will req. to rollback to beta stage.
Am well familiar with engine, codes, and designing nibelton. While i study economy, i also as part of that study UML (united modelling language), and system architecture, while I'm far from being a programmer/coder, i do know the basic thought line, there's certainly a possibility to add this.

one alternative would be to remove their current Sectors, (5-6 of em) and change it into many small, although that would require re-work on their pvp finder, as it would detect fights in far to small radius.

Although the best would be to make smaller sectors, that's recognized as a part of the original sectors which is used to define pvp searches, while smaller sectors would count as sub-parts of it. although i don't know enough about game engines to really make a statement on this, I'm pretty sure its not a engine issue, but if its actually something worth investing time in, if you consider fun =//= implementing and development time, then i cant really say anything.

am pretty sure thou that changing sectors/map isn't integrated into the engine, rather the engine powers the map etc, you gotta remind the dev's developed it with the thought of introducing new races, and opening up new sectors for those races in the future.

Last edited by White935 : 05-28-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:21 PM

im not a programmer, but when the ceo says "considering it" thats just awesome !! thanks for listening to ideas to improve gaming experience! i love pvp and to be able to showcase it in that manner would be highly renowned