Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Lack of player feedback on game... - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 09:25 AM

crazyb0b is just below average reputation

Things that would make the game 100x better, for me at least.

Hero Customization. I would love to be able to change their appearance, give different skills, give them weapons and armor that would show up on the little guy etc. This would instantly bring me back into the game full swing. You guys would also stand to make a crap ton of money off of this since no one likes to look like the other guy.

Dragon changes. Dragons are a bit of a double edged sword in this game. They are extremely powerful, but cost IP to get, and they can also perma-die. This has lead to, from what I have read, people running dragon armies and mauling everything. What I would like to see is only being able to field one dragon per army. That dragon would not be able to perma-die, but when they do get killed they get reset to level 1, or even better, they get reset into a dragon egg which you have to use resources/time on to hatch/raise. If those changes were put in place I would also like to see more variety of dragons into the game all with different bonuses, attacks, appearances, etc.

City customization. I love the Orc race for the fact that you can place buildings anywhere, but I find them extremely ugly and don't like the zerg play style. It would be awesome to be able to do this with the other races. I know it probably isn't feasible since you already have them out, but for if you release new ones that is the way you should go. Maybe also be able to change the way your walls, buildings, etc look so they aren't the same as everyone else.

I am not sure if this is possible the way the game is set up currently, but with Online Kingdom mode have maps where, after you do x amount of quests, you can move to it and be able to see all the other player kingdoms. You can form alliances, have trades set up if people come in, have standings, etc.

Total loss in PvP. If you get your kingdom destroyed, it should be destroyed. With that change you would need to remove the IP costs on building upgrades, which I have never really understood why they are in place to begin with.

Last edited by crazyb0b : 05-31-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 AM

Rudedawg has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyb0b View Post

Total loss in PvP. If you get your kingdom destroyed, it should be destroyed. With that change you would need to remove the IP costs on building upgrades, which I have never really understood why they are in place to begin with.
After you purchase the game for a paltry sum - the dev's need some sort of revenue model to keep on going.

So instead of a monthly fee to play - you have IP costs.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 AM

crazyb0b is just below average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudedawg View Post
After you purchase the game for a paltry sum - the dev's need some sort of revenue model to keep on going.

So instead of a monthly fee to play - you have IP costs.
Yes, but you can get all the IP you need for buildings from questing.

They need to add customization into the game. That would increase their revenue by an absolute crap ton.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:41 PM

Ghost will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjuludde View Post
Can't agree with that one I'm afraid. micromanagement is much more a part of tactics than it is of strategy.
There really should be a genre called RTT, Real time tactic.
What strategy do you use that involves no micromanagement? Even by your own definition (micro being more tactics than strategy), do you then use a strategy with no tactics?

Last edited by Ghost : 05-31-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:08 AM

Malasorte has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyb0b View Post
kingdom destroyed lol
this is the worst thing possible to make ... so many quit stonghold kingdoms cause of this feature and travian sucks ... go play those if u want your city destroyed
Old 06-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Vind has a default reputation

My feedback...

Id like to mention that i have been in beta test some +year ago and now i started playing again.
I play with elves so i don't know how it is with other races...
Things i don't like:

1. The sound that announces a new quest is killing me, my heart skips beat every time. It is so out of sync with other sounds. Really doesn't fit in. To "strong" might be the right word.

2. Weather effects, if i turned them OFF i don't want to hear any lightning sounds. Again it is to "strong", and i don't want to see lightning flashes.

3. The elf quest when you meet the guy in secret behind some bush. His evil laugh...really annoying. He sounds like some mad mage.

4. When moving around forest i keep selecting objects in strange patterns. The great trees should not be selectable unless you choose to construct a building. (I guess that requires a build menu)

5. I cant find hero on the map when he is with other units. He is undistinguishable. Let us make him pink or glow in the dark so i can find him.

6. I don't know how siege is supposed to work. But i had a balista shooting at pallisade and it took 100 hits before it actually destroyed one. It was shooting everywhere, like it was guided by drunken goblins. And no there weren't any trees in the way (at least not the big ones). Also i used amount of stone to destroy one wooden pallisade equal to stone needed to build one wall segment?!

7. Selecting units, when i click on ONE unit portrait at the bottom of the screen i would like to control just that one company. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt (i tried both LBC and RBC).

8. When in combat and i want my units to retreat i right click them away they start moving and then they resume fighting. i think my command should take precedence to their stance.

9. Elven interface is bad. Build and research icons are to "soft" there isn't enough contrast in them. They need some kind of border around them. Selected unit portrait is to big. Icons around minimap are to big. Chat should be where selected unit portrait is. Now it stays closed most of the time cause it is in the way.

10. When you are on the world map and you are creating an army. You can hover a mouse over unit portrait and it displays info about that unit, its strengths and weaknesses, but when you are recruiting a unit or when you click on that unit in city screen you cant get that information.

11. During my first quest siege, i won but i dont know how. I mean what is the condition for wining a siege. My army got slaughtered too. I was about to give up when it said Victory...

12. Lack of magic for elves. Now only magic there is summon treant and balista. Where is that nice fire wall that went in double circle around 3 elven mages? I remember reading posts about summoning fire elementals and stuff way back...

13. Downpour spell, elves are forest protectors they should have auto-cast for that spell. Same as when the rangers start shooting arrows when enemy approaches. By the time i select a spell, target a location half of my units get crispy toasted. Or at least make the area of the spell larger depending on how many casters i have selected.

14. We "need" to have some pretty buildings that do nothing. Like plazas, gardens, fountains...

15. Elven enchanters sound when summoning is wrong. It sounds like combat not like summoning.

Now i don't mean to sound negative, the game is amazing it offers so much and is definitely worth checking out, and i guess it even gets better when you play with some1 and do a double siege or pvp.
Combat is amazing it includes many different units that require different tactics. Offline mode enables you to quick try different races and their advantages.
And most of the stuff i mentioned above can be fixed and corrected in small amount of time if developers deem them a problem. Most of the stuff is purely cosmetic and matter of taste.

I don't know if it is possible but maybe allow players to use / create interface mods.

PS. Excuse any english and writing mistakes.

Last edited by Vind : 06-04-2012 at 05:37 AM.