Lack of player feedback on game... - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 04:22 AM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

Quote:
Also creating your own castles would be great. Have a limited amount of stone or wood and then position your castle walls as you see fit.
The "design your own walls" has been discussed before and the devs dont have it so people cant create impossible to assualt walls
Old 05-23-2012, 01:07 PM

Ghost will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkjc View Post
I would advise getting alliances in before doing a large marketing campaign...at the moment there is no 'sticking feature' to keep people playing.
You need a reason for people to want to play...they need 'territories' and something to work for, something to make friends for, a reason to keep coming back. This is why it is always so dead in PVP...if I want the current style PVP I can go play total war multiplayer...which does it much better.

DOF needs to focus on what they have better than Total War, or other games... persistent kingdom mode. Expand the persistant mode more fully into the multiplayer features of this game, something like Stronghold Kingdoms and you will have an absolute gem.
Yeah the endgame is really lacking right now. Even PvP starts to get stale after a while as the only thing you get for it is wealth and resources, both of which you have an abundance of at the endgame. Conquerable territory would go a long way towards keeping people interested.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:51 PM

Wolfentir has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber12 View Post
The "design your own walls" has been discussed before and the devs dont have it so people cant create impossible to assualt walls
But having limited amount of stone and wood will prevent you from making wall after wall after wall. They could also make a feature that you couldn't put three rows of walls together or similar.

Also, if you chose to put wall after wall then you will not have space to put your buildings inside the walls and hence enemies could destroy them really easy.

I really think if they put some effort into this and alliances gameplay they would have many more players.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:23 PM

Rudedawg has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I agree with all of your points except the one about micromanagement.

In a RTS, the player who micromanages better will and should always win. That's a big part of what defines the skill of a RTS player, how well they micro. Otherwise it just becomes, "throw my mess of soldiers at your mess of soldiers and hope I win," which is much less interesting.
Thanks for all of the great feedback guys!

Actually Ghost if you reread my post I was only referring to Dragons.

So your concern about my mess of soldiers against your mess of soldiers does not apply.

The fact is if you want this game to succeed - which I hope you do - you won't make the mistake that most hard core, die hard purests make - which is forget that 90% of gamers out there are looking for a game they can pick up for a few hours and play thats not too overly complicated.

Unless Reverie has incredibly deep pockets and don't mind paying to keep their servers up.

Dev's that cater to "niche" purest type players; Shadowbane, Darkfall, MO end up with a dead game and not enough broad based fan support.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

yeah the game need a sort of strategic way to play it

map must be conquerable, with alliance of ppl bound together for make reigns, maybe nominate a king so we can play realm vs realm giving this game a much deeper experience, so group fo player will try to defend theyr lands, expand it, etc

like world of battles. wob have better strategy map, but is less deeper becouse have only battles withouth the management behind
Old 05-26-2012, 03:21 PM

Skjuludde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I agree with all of your points except the one about micromanagement.

In a RTS, the player who micromanages better will and should always win. That's a big part of what defines the skill of a RTS player, how well they micro. Otherwise it just becomes, "throw my mess of soldiers at your mess of soldiers and hope I win," which is much less interesting.
Can't agree with that one I'm afraid. micromanagement is much more a part of tactics than it is of strategy.
There really should be a genre called RTT, Real time tactic.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Great feedback guys! And really enjoying reading your ideas, I won`t comment just yet, don`t want to interrupt the brainstorming
Old 05-26-2012, 10:40 PM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

Quote:
Great feedback guys! And really enjoying reading your ideas, I won`t comment just yet, don`t want to interrupt the brainstorming
to late *pokes kon with a stick*
Old 05-27-2012, 07:00 PM

Wolfentir has a default reputation

Custom Castles:
In relation to building your walls, maybe Devs could introduce feature that if certain buildings are destroyed the defending army would suffer penalties (eg. movement penalty or armour).

That way you couldn't build wall after wall becasue you wouldn't have space for your buildings inside your castle. Also, these buildings could only get damaged by melee so you couldn't just use your trebuchets to destroy them.

Conquerable territory:

As other people said, we also need conquerable territories. Maybe a new server could be created which would contain The Island of the Ancients. Ancients once lived on this island but their civilization is now long gone. Each race has different myths linked to this island and the Ancients, but each race believes that conquering the island will help them achieve their goals.

Orcs believe that who ever controls the Island will control the ancient demon that will help them conquer all the other races.

Humans believe that by controling the Island Heavens gates will finally be open to humans and every human that dies will go to Heaven.

Elves believe that if they control the island the Nature will once again be powerful enough to rule over the land and stop the younger races from destroying the ancient forests.

These are just some of the ideas. But now the world has a reason for new server (island) and the reason to fight over it. So you can still play PvE and PvP sieges on the main landmass and have a war on another server.

The island can be divided into many regions and each race gets a starting region with a castle. Maybe this castle cannot be attacked and can be used as a meeting point for players to chat and devise strategies.
Then players go after territories and build their castles. Again, each territory could have limited number of castles (devs decide) but each castle could be defended and attacked by up to 2 players on each side. Or if that is too much it could be 1v1.

And of you go, devs set a time limit for the war (a week, a month, several months) and after the time has run out which ever race holds the most territory wins the war. And the players with most victories and contribution to the war get labeled as "The Hero of the Realm/Tribe/Covenant".
Old 05-27-2012, 10:57 PM

picobee has a default reputation

awesome developers btw. very quick response.. A++++