Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Very little infomormation on the actual game? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 11:54 AM

Soul0Reaper has a default reputation
Default Very little infomormation on the actual game?

Hi, I've stumbled onto this game when googling around, but I can't find any actual information about your game. Theres alot of promotional descriptions, but no detailed game breakdown. I can't even find any information on what should be the bread and butter of any rts, unit stats.

So my main questions are:
  1. How do each race compare, you have compared it to starcraft, can i expect to see the same level of unit differentiation, race uniqueness, and mico involved in this game?
  2. There is mention of lengthy build times avoidable by micro-transactions. This sounds like the game plays like farmville where it takes forever to get things done...
  3. Worse I see mentions how you can buy units and resources outright, now I'm at a loss how this is balanced out.
  4. The reviews I've read mention that you can't expand outside of your starting base, is that true?
  5. I like the mesh of mmo/rts but again from what I've read, there exists barley any cooperative content or pve gameplay. Thats all fine for an rts, but why should I play this game then instead of starcraft 2/company of heroes? The "persistent world" aspect seems boil down to you get a spot on the map to play simcity while building units.
  6. How many players max can be in a battle?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hello and welcome to the boards.

If you like to do more research on the game I`d recommend checking some of the youtube videos:
Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g6Tm_ki1b0
MMORTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMkHQRF8wc
Kingdom Wars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Erh6P5-ZI
Siege Combat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hzii-stqTI

And perhaps reading through DoF Wiki as well - it has in-depth information and gameplay guides that will explain a few things: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Fantasy

Now to answer some of your questions

Quote:
1) How do each race compare, you have compared it to starcraft, can i expect to see the same level of unit differentiation, race uniqueness, and mico involved in this game?
Starcraft was our inspiration. With base building, unit training, economy, the 3 races are as different as Terran, Zerg and Protos (if not more, especially when it comes to base building). When it comes to combat - there is less differences between the races. But overall I can`t recall another RTS that had 3 races as unique as ours in the past couple of years (SC II is the only one)

Quote:
2) There is mention of lengthy build times avoidable by micro-transactions. This sounds like the game plays like farmville where it takes forever to get things done...
Yeah - you can say it`s farmville in full realtime 3D However - while your building is under construction - unlike farmville - you have dozens of things to do - View Mode, exploring, Raiding, PvP sieges, pv town combat Quests, NPC town Trade, npc town diplomacy, NPC Sieges e.t.c e.t.c e.t.c

Also - build times are avoidable not just by micro-transactions - quests, sieges, pvp e.t.c all provide Wealth points to speed up building construction.

Quote:
3) Worse I see mentions how you can buy units and resources outright, now I'm at a loss how this is balanced out.
Our PvP, Sieges and CoOp uses advanced balancing and match-making system - so yes - one player can get ahead by spending 50$ and building up his town and army over 12 hours instead of 40, however - that player would never be able to fight against weak players, but will only be matched against players who has the same size town/army.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Soul0Reaper has a default reputation

Yes I've seen the promotional video content, I'm looking for actual unit statistics. When you say combat is less unique, can you please elaborate? It seems that all of them have the same archer, sword, pike and cavalry concept. Can you give me a detailed description of how detailed the races are?