Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Konstantin! You made HG headlines... :) - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
The age of 'Out of Synch' has passed. (some will know what I mean)
The dreaded OOS lol. At least we won't have those annoying problems here

Old 04-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Village Sock has a default reputation

A DoF heaven would be absolutely amazing, but I don't know how many other HGers are that excited about Dawn of Fantasy, as I can think of a couple bar myself but not many.
In case anybody is wondering i'm A Banned User from HG. You can mainly find me at EEH making scenarios.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

iceblast has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Sock View Post
A DoF heaven would be absolutely amazing, but I don't know how many other HGers are that excited about Dawn of Fantasy, as I can think of a couple bar myself but not many.
In case anybody is wondering i'm A Banned User from HG. You can mainly find me at EEH making scenarios.
lol why are u banned :P
Old 04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Hey ABU.
I don't know about the newbies, but a lot of the oldies who were around when Reverie started, have been following DoF's development and show interest. And then, DoF is a scenario designer and modder's dream, and that is primarily who we cater to, so I think it has plenty of interest.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblast View Post
i wish bfme2 was still alive good times when it was.
It is still alive (the expansion at least), maybe not on HG but it is alive.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 04-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

iceblast has a default reputation

i remember all the cussing fights i had with the clans that took the game too serious lol :L.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Cobra has a default reputation

Quote:
Wow, lots of HGers around here...
I wish more of them would have used similar aliases so I'd recognize them, like Nacht. But I guess I'm partially guilty of that as well.
Quote:
I don't know about the newbies, but a lot of the oldies who were around when Reverie started, have been following DoF's development and show interest.
I missed the very beginnings, but I can still remember like six or seven years ago all the designers getting all excited about a new game in the works and how it would cure cancer and end homelessness. In other words, it's probably better hardly anyone's there that remembers, because nobody likes unrealistic expectations.

I hope Aro will put something in the news at AoKH when it gets closer to coming out, given the history and all. Maybe get some of the newer guys in the loop.

Last edited by Cobra : 04-13-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:50 PM

HamsterofDoom has a default reputation

What's all this talk of BFME2? Old school is Age of Kings and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds...

Damn, I just realized how old I am now, lol. Gah
Old 04-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
I wish more of them would have used similar aliases so I'd recognize them, like Nacht. But I guess I'm partially guilty of that as well.
I actually use Impeached .. everywhere. I neglected to here because I must place my full name.
So you're Cobra the Mediocre, then, eh?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:26 PM

fyro11 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Joslin View Post
Konstantin was a very avid scenario designer (and modder perhaps...I don't remember) for Age of Empires II back in the day. He led SCN punk, which used to be like..the AoE2 design team.

Most of our staff, in fact, used to avidly do some sort of modding/scenario designing for some game or other.
AOE2 is a game I play even now with my much older uncle, of all people. Konstantin is obviously a legend. A modest one.

Not sure whatever happened with AOE3. Must say the physics are, as far as I've seen, unrivalled by any other RTS I've encountered. But the maps always felt confined. Anyhow the expansions added the sort of diversity in gameplay that should've been there in the beginning.

Anyhow, I actually started playing AOE1 as far back as 1998. Was introduced by my uncle who worked in an IT firm. I suppose his colleagues would've suggested it to him. Then we started playing via LAN. Not sure how others played but I remember the two main strategies were to either spam Chariot Archers, or Heavy Catapults. I was 10 years old then. Hah. How time flies. That was my first run-in with RTS games. And since then, I've never lost the addiction.

Last edited by fyro11 : 04-15-2009 at 06:43 PM.