Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Performance Update on the way! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default Performance Update on the way!

Dear Players,

Just wanted to share our progress - we have big plans in the coming weeks, and hoping to have a MAJOR performance and feature patch for you with-in two weeks.

This time around we`ve focused on making DoF run better, load faster and lag less, as well as pathfinding updates. So lets recap what`s in store:

-The loading time for all scenarios should go down greatly by around 75% - so if some level would take you 40 seconds to load now it would be under 10 seconds. Unfortunately we could only reduce PvP scenario load time by 50% or so.

-Visual performance for low-end video cards (as well as high end) is increasing greatly! Some of you might have noticed how well Orcish Desert homeland, or Pultak stronghold level worked for some of you (on minimal requirements video card), with this update you can expect the same type of performance on all levels, in some extreme cases this would mean perfect 30 FPS over 4-6 FPS you were getting earlier.

-Pathfinding Part 1 - is finally ready and expected in this massive patch as well. This pathfinding updates will feature first pathfinding functionality that was mainly directed to increasing performance. So - the massive lag you are getting on tasking large armies, or delays in tasking large armies will be completely gone. This in turn will make PvP game mostly lagless as well. This first pathfinding update will not include some cool features like new battalion controls or better visual behavior for battalions, or automatic positioning on walls - we expect this to be featured in the next major patch.

-As for new features - we are adding massive upgrades to the social features. For example - in chat and social window text will be in different colors and you`ll be able to interact directly with player names. So in a chat window you can click on a player name to add him as friends, send private message e.t.c

-In addition we plan to throw in a lot of balancing changes as well as a few minor new features - hopefully ability to send resources from one player to another.

We`ll keep you posted on our progress, the current ETA is around April 15th.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 04-03-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 PM

dragorrin has a default reputation
Default resources one player to another

Will you be able to shift it between your different cities the 4 you can make or only player to player?
And if only player to player can you shift it to your friend then him shift to you when on another of your cities?

Just wondering basicallly will be free tradeing p2p and also within your own 4 cities?

Thanks,
Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 AM

karamot has fair reputation

on your schedule was planned naval battle for january....yes january 2012...

its april now, any news?

game is still alive?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM

Silkjc has a default reputation

Thanks this sounds great, I made a post awhile back about a performance decrease after the elven balance patch...since then i've pretty much quit because the game barely runs on my i7 computer...yet games like Napoleon total war work on max settings!
Will be great to play again, and the social features are nearly as important!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:01 PM

aramsm has a default reputation

So, any news about this update?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:13 AM

Nimiria is just above average reputation

Canīt wait for it

I hope I finall then can select 80 units or so and still have a visual lag free game
Old 04-17-2012, 06:20 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamot View Post
game is still alive?
Don't worry, the time you can still see Konstantin write in this forum, it means that the game is still alive and in constant development, only not shown to the public before new things tested.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

And finally time for an update - the patch is almost ready, and at the latest will be live this weekend, however - we might need to keep some of the new pathfinding features locked until next week - as they need more testing and this is what`s holding everything up.

But as far as this major visual and cpu performance boost, and super quick loading times + new chat features - all of this is in this week`s patch.

And yeah - everything`s alive and going well
Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 AM

varonion has a default reputation

Does the update on pathfinding include that archers or any troops whatsoever will stand still on your castle walls and towers... more often then not i log in and the archers i postioned on top of my towers are now suddenly standing way off somehere else...
Old 04-19-2012, 05:27 PM

Nimiria is just above average reputation

Will there be any option to set wall troops (archers etc.) on some kind of defence mode so they canīt be selected to create an army at the world map?

Its still annoying when you place them and need some troops and you have those frome the walls while others just stand somewhere before the gates and do nothing ^^