Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Town economy affected by payouts\lose - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2014, 12:27 PM

Lord_ChrPunx has a default reputation
Lightbulb Town economy affected by payouts\lose

I get tons of payouts everytime I try to get a pvp match, in the 200~1200 strange...
and that's quite understandable because payouts are really cheap, and there is no real consequences on it..

So, here's the plan:

Add a moral system for the towns, which would start at 50% and as you fight and win the moral increases, while you have more wins than losses\payouts you get a +0.25 on moral, every lost you have you lose 5% of morale, and every payout you lose 10% (why? because courage is more important than casualties, at least your troops died fighting), a win should also give morale, but should be less to prevent win>payout> win payout...something like a +2.5% or something around there...

as the morale changes you get economic buffs, and debuffs...
something like, and this is just an example:

morale < 10%:
resource production * 0.4

morale > 10 % < 20%:
resource production * 0.60

morale > 20% < 30%:
resource production * 0.80

morale > 30% < 40%:
resource production * 1.0

morale > 40% < 50%:
resource production * 1.2

morale > 50% < 60%:
resource production * 1.4

morale > 60% < 70%:
resource production * 1.6

morale > 70% < 80%:
resource production * 1.8

morale > 80% < 90%:
resource production * 2.0

morale > 90% < 100%:
resource production * 2.2

morale == 100%:
resource production * 2.5

This would definitely encourage PvP\sieges and discourage payouts.
So, what do you guys think about it?
Old 12-02-2014, 02:57 PM

maddbomber83 has a default reputation

I'm thinking more along the lines of an interface tweak. You don't want to force people to play an aspect of the game they don't want to play (such as needing to PvP so you can produce enough to PvE); but..... anything you can do to expand a player's field of play helps those around them.

Take these payouts as an example. The pop up should say something along the lines:
Win = 20 Crowns
Loss = 10 Crowns
Payout = 10k Gold

Essentially making very obvious that even a loss may be a win for the player.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:06 PM

you do get crowns for losing right now, people just don't want to fight, thats not really the problem, and the payout can't be a defined number like that, as the payout is defined by the amount of gold the army has, compared to it's strenght, so if you need to pay 10K of gold, and you have around 1K, you would still only pay 1K, and that changes nothing...
Win\Loss crown reward is based on strenght, the stronger the army, the greater the reward.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:42 PM

lichlord9333 has a default reputation

Not all players have the wish for pvp but more a pve experience, Some are scared for losing their peasants on their village, Some alt-f4 out because they even want to bypass pay outs..., for others they might be just protecting their PVE army and leave the pvp to other armies... Personally I only did 4 pay outs or so but mostly in unconvenient times like if I was gonna go offline to do something or if I was busy doing other things...

Even so tho my town is around 200-300 str my army is around 1K strength and I rarely get attacked. And tho I admit I give my pve army some 5K gold to offer as pay offs should they get attacked.

My point being while I understand your position its ussually because players want to play it on their own way or just got on their bad timings...
Old 12-04-2014, 06:00 AM

maddbomber83 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_ChrPunx View Post
you do get crowns for losing right now, people just don't want to fight, thats not really the problem, and the payout can't be a defined number like that, as the payout is defined by the amount of gold the army has, compared to it's strenght, so if you need to pay 10K of gold, and you have around 1K, you would still only pay 1K, and that changes nothing...
Win\Loss crown reward is based on strenght, the stronger the army, the greater the reward.
I think you missed my point. The above is a quick example of a UI change; not a game change.

I understand that there is a range of reward based on strength; and I'm not suggesting that change.

What I do think needs to happen is that information needs to be moved from a tool tip to a prominent location on the pop up so that people understand the rewards.

Next, no where (to my knowledge) does the UI show you the (to my understanding) 50% crown reward for losing the battle. Again, moving this information to a prominent location on the pop up will help people understand the rewards.

Making those UI only changes, I think you can then move on to focusing on what the rewards are and how they can encourage people of one play style to interact with those of another.

I would like to again stress; there will be a horrible horrible flavor if you apply a resource penalty to PvE players because they don't want to PvP. While the math works out the same on paper, you should instead give a (whatever bonus) to PvE players who also PvP.

I would also like to point out that a similar system could be used to incentive Co-Op.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

TrevorDrakenor has a default reputation

Been pvping for a long tim. Looking back, I encountered a lot of people who are willing to fight to the last man against my army. I admire their courage. That is until they start hating everything after their army completely destroyed, they tried to infuriate others by insulting and accusing people from every single aspect. (Talking about no life, hacking, pay to win, noob low level camping, low level army with maximum combat researches. You name it.) I consider this as non friendly pvp: payment and coverage for loss troop becomes void.

When people tries to avoid pvp, they will also try to avoid pay out. When people pvp, they start to whine about things when they should have pay out earlier. Only few people out there are much friendlier and know that I am only trying to find friendly pvp battle. Despite the meassage I give about payment, they still get angry at everything. Of course, they are still going to do the same thing even if the pay out is less than 500. Or having loss reward higher than winning.

The morale system is a good idea, people celebrate much knowing that their lord have alway come out victorious and proved to be very capable of defending his people. Becoming more faithful to their Lord and strive hard to earn their upkeep, being proud to serve under said lord.

Last edited by TrevorDrakenor : 12-04-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:48 PM

maddBomber, it's not to hurt PvE players, as victories against NPC towns also count as a win, even if you payout, if you keep your PvE victories higher, it wouldn't matter much, also...The replayability of this game is on PvP, if you just go PvE, this game can get really boring as NPC's AIs are quite dumb.