Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Game Questions - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 08:05 AM

Blackout has a default reputation
Default Game Questions

Hi I am looking for a mmorts and found this game. It looks great from the trailers and other videos and i was reading reviews to see what others thought before i bought it. People are saying that the game is full of bugs and it crashes etc but those reviews were done in novemeber. Is the game still buggy and crashing? How many people play this game? What can i expect from this game overall, as a new player will i be getting conquered by people who have been playing for a long time and who have massive armies?

thanks
Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

The game is MUCH less buggy and doesn't crash very much anymore (something like 1 thousand bugs fixed since november). There are both single player and online modes you can do, as a new player you will be safe from strong players due to the rating system employed in combat. This keeps the stronger players away from the new players. However it is reasonably easy to get up and running and have a decent pvp army within 24-48 hours of starting in the online world.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Hello and welcome to the forum. The game is not that buggy as others say and it has a constant patching that makes the game bugles and ads new features to the game.
The player base is quiet well and the community is great.
Overall, you should give this game a chance and you'll see that it was the right choice and You won't be conquered no mater when you get in the game.
To understand the battle part, you have to know that you battle in pvp by army strength and not by player lvl. You can have lots of troops of low lvl and battle another player that has higher lvl but fewer troops, but that dose not mean the higher lvl wins, it means that those who use better of troops are the winners. Still don't be mad if you loose troops as you will see that you can create them really quick. Have fun.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:09 AM

Blackout has a default reputation

Thanks for the information. I dont mind losing battles i just didnt want to be fighting guys who are massive in comparison say if they have been playing for months and months. i would be playing the online game part. not much of a single player type. How does it work for online, i create a city and the nim placed on a map with other players i would assume. i build up and then if someone wants to war me then only people who are the same level fight me? Does the game cost money per month or is it one time fee to buy the game?

thanks again
Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hello Blackout and welcome to the forums.

You pay only once, and there is no monthly fee.

The way DoF PvP and CoOp works - you are only matched against Armies and Town of the relatively same strength as your Army or Town.
So for example - if you have an army with 20 level 1 units, it will match you only against player of 17 to 23 level 1 units in the army. So it`s always a fair and fun battle, be it co-op quest, lay siege, town PvP or Army PvP.