Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Russia is a super power.
In fact, the 2 main superpowers today are the United States and Russia.
Besides, I'm a soviet so I'm also pretty patriotic. (But I'm not a nationalist, which means I don't say Russia is better than everyone else).
I think that all countries are equal in something. I don't see why war has to be so important, conflicts, etc. I mean, war is cool and epic and even "fun" in video games but nothing more. I wish war in Iraq ended, and any other threats... And there's no such thing as a good president, because if there is, he gets shot, and so on.
Agreed to it all Russia isnt the superpower it was but it still could do some damag, Britain however probably couldnt... although there is a statistic that says that each British soldier is worth 5 American soldiers thats the difference in skill level... also America has huge friendly fire incidents (trigger happy?) and the lowest is France... (its because they dont do anything!!! )

I also disagree that without America's help we would be Nazi ruled, the Americans predominantly fought in the pacific against the Japanese who were only in the fight for the spoils anyway, the Russians would never give up to Nazi rule and would have fought till the end. The Americans only joined the fight in Germany near the end after bombing Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Also the Germans wouldn't have attacked Southern Europe on a large scale for many years, the Schlieffen plan was to travel through Belgium and crush France from behind their own defenses so that Germany wouldnt be attacked from both sides. They never expected Britain to react so fast to the invasion in Belgium and their advance was pretty much halted there which is why thats where the trenches and graveyards are.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
Agreed to it all Russia isnt the superpower it was but it still could do some damag, Britain however probably couldnt... although there is a statistic that says that each British soldier is worth 5 American soldiers thats the difference in skill level... also America has huge friendly fire incidents (trigger happy?) and the lowest is France... (its because they dont do anything!!! )

I also disagree that without America's help we would be Nazi ruled, the Americans predominantly fought in the pacific against the Japanese who were only in the fight for the spoils anyway, the Russians would never give up to Nazi rule and would have fought till the end. The Americans only joined the fight in Germany near the end after bombing Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Also the Germans wouldn't have attacked Southern Europe on a large scale for many years, the Schlieffen plan was to travel through Belgium and crush France from behind their own defenses so that Germany wouldnt be attacked from both sides. They never expected Britain to react so fast to the invasion in Belgium and their advance was pretty much halted there which is why thats where the trenches and graveyards are.
true but im sure if America was in any real danger training would be greatly improved Britain couldn't afford a sec of poor training just in case

people always forget about the Japanese they were insanely strong just that America was on the rise bad match up
Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 PM

Qc_4ever has a default reputation

Quote:
and the lowest is France... (its because they dont do anything!!! )
Grrrrrr that's completly false, the frenchs DO something, they are human shields . But french canadians are the best.

Last edited by Qc_4ever : 03-22-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I approve to this post! Thanks for agreeing with me
And for once someone besides my mom says that America only came by the end of the war and barely done anything, thank god. Russia lost around 30 million people, while America counts every single one they lose in any battle they ever get into.
No offence, but it's kinda true.
Besides I just watched a ton of zero punctuation videos so my sarcasm level is all the way over and beyond the top.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester, Public Relations, Level Designer

Bryan Oakley has a default reputation

Quote:
The Americans only joined the fight in Germany near the end after bombing Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
June 6,1944? It was "near the end" because America stormed the old war with fresh soldiers with high morale.

Anyways.

British were damn near trapped on their island from U-boats (subs), air combat was at a stalemate, and the french were crippled beyond repair. Russia was still standing strong with their motto of: "Keep charging! They'll run out of bullets sooner or...later...right?" It was only a one front war really until the Normandy invasions then it began again. It's true the Japanese wern't doing much but I garentee they would have completely crippled the british with their navel force if they still send it after America.

I will allow this healthy debate to continue so long as everybody keeps their cool. If this turns emotional/into a flame war, I will close this thread.
"I think a man only needs one thing in life. He just needs someone to love. If you can't give him that, then give him something to hope for. And if you can't give him that, just give him something to do." ~Liddle
Old 03-23-2009, 03:33 AM
Banned Acount Serfing

MrBlack103 has no reputation

Quote:
"Keep charging! They'll run out of bullets sooner or...later...right?"
And amazingly, that motto somehow started working after a while.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:57 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Actually it worked for like forever, until the end of the war.
I wonder how the war ends, like in the middle of the battlefield?
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Oakley View Post
June 6,1944? It was "near the end" because America stormed the old war with fresh soldiers with high morale.

Anyways.

British were damn near trapped on their island from U-boats (subs), air combat was at a stalemate, and the french were crippled beyond repair. Russia was still standing strong with their motto of: "Keep charging! They'll run out of bullets sooner or...later...right?" It was only a one front war really until the Normandy invasions then it began again. It's true the Japanese wern't doing much but I garentee they would have completely crippled the british with their navel force if they still send it after America.

I will allow this healthy debate to continue so long as everybody keeps their cool. If this turns emotional/into a flame war, I will close this thread.

i feel its getting there

i feel like defending my country's military greatness during this war but that never goes smoothly
Old 03-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I do love the way that people proclaim that the Americans joined at the end of the war, as if the duration was fixed and it was all about inflicting as many casualties as you can before the deadline is met

Quote:
British were damn near trapped on their island from U-boats (subs), air combat was at a stalemate
Not quite... Towards the end of the war, the production of British Spitfires & Hurricanes increased rapidly, and I think that 4 could be built for the same resources and for the same length of time as a bomber. The air combat was leaning in favour of the British. U-Boats weren't that much of a threat in 'trapping them on the island'. They threatened convoys, but that was about it. The reason why the British may have seemed 'trapped' was because there was no feasible option in establishing a foothold in France.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I do love the way that people proclaim that the Americans joined at the end of the war, as if the duration was fixed and it was all about inflicting as many casualties as you can before the deadline is met

Not quite... Towards the end of the war, the production of British Spitfires & Hurricanes increased rapidly, and I think that 4 could be built for the same resources and for the same length of time as a bomber. The air combat was leaning in favour of the British. U-Boats weren't that much of a threat in 'trapping them on the island'. They threatened convoys, but that was about it. The reason why the British may have seemed 'trapped' was because there was no feasible option in establishing a foothold in France.
so your saying the British would have eventually drove the Germans out?