Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Transdimentional Homeland Teleportation..thing. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support > Bug Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 06:00 AM

kalinin920 has a default reputation
Default Transdimentional Homeland Teleportation..thing.

Right, this bug is a bit of an odd one that doesn't really fit into just one category, and will take a bit of explaining.

(Note: I have not attempted to recreate this bug ((For fear of corrupting homelands)), so I can't really say if it happens often or what have you.)

Alright, so essentially what happened here was my orc city in Flattan Rol, buildings, units, and the locations of them were quite literally pasted onto my Southmont homeland when defending in a PvP siege - on my Humans, mind you. It even switched out my hero and wealth amounts, which happened to be 0 on my orcs and 24 on my humans. My wealth has since risen to 1 for the orcs after leaving the siege (Fighting it seemed like bad joojoo, not to mention the walls were in very strange places) and dropped to 1 for my humans. Them, upon returning to the world map everything that had been beforehand (for my humans) was perfectly fine, and upon re-entering my homeland it was exactly as it should be - human stronghold, stone walls, units where I left them, no physics defying orcs to be found.

I've attached my log file, and have uploaded screenshots to imageshack seeing as they were 4 MB's each and I'm hesistant to transfer them from .bmp to .jpg or whatever, because leave me alone. Four of the screenshots are of the wtf-orcs, and there is one of the siege camp incase that affects anything...or something.

So yeah. First bug of the day for me, and it's a bit of a fun one!

Attached Files
File Type: txt Log1.txt (557.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-13-2012, 07:03 AM

So it would seem the bug happened again, using the same homeland, units, etc. and being sieged by the same player and army (Nealise!). It was the same as before, except this time I checked my orc homeland, and lo and behold, I happen upon this:

My armory was moved to the location of the siege camp (where it was on the southmont homeland) as well as having stone walls of southmont being built around my flattan rol homeland. In addition, it started a pallisade wall I hadn't bought, which are right next to the wooden walls on the right.

I feel like maaaybe I shouldn't play either of those homelands for a wee bit? Or maybe I should try to find more horrible bugs? xD
Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

thats a pretty cool bug,thanx for posting it m8 :>
Old 02-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

This rare bug is our priority # 1 for today. We are expecting to release a patch later tonight fixing this and couple more annoying issues with the last patch.

And thank you so much for a detailed report on this - and the log file.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 AM

Of course, glad I could help. I will try to continue to report things that haven't been reported in this fashion.