Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Magic, Swedes, Regions & Friends - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Weiseth has a default reputation
Default Magic, Swedes, Regions & Friends

Good Day

These are my suggestions for a game I already like, but for the specific lack of good pvp options and more importantly the lack of friends and alliance system has forced me to postpone actually playing the game until these things are implemented. Which I really hope they will be because I love this game and would gladly pay much for future DLC, Update and Expansion for this game.

Magic
I would just love too see a intricate and fun magic system implemented. Conjure shields that defend cities against overland destruction spells. Summoning, blinding, fear, storms etc. Would really add more depth to the game than just straight forward army invasions.

The Swedish Approach (Paradox: EU3)
I really hope Dawn of Fantasy will do as the swedes with the great game of EU3. Instead of focusing on making huge expansion sets or new games, the Paradox team is instead using the model of just continously building on their game, making it more and more balanced, better performanced, more streamlined menu system, better AI, more diplomacy, more units etc etc. But every "update" is a DLC which cost money and this way get more revenue to continue building on their game. This is the reason why there is nobody complaining about EU4, because graphics are not important in a online strategy game. And this game already have great graphics.

Regions
The world map really needs a restructuring, it is confusing and doesnt really reflect the game world. I dont have much to say except a much better approact would have been to use a "Travian" style map for online kingdoms, it would make it much more interesting and considering the great replay value and customer base of travian would keep gamers coming back for more.

Friends
Please add the friends system and alliance system, I only bought this game to play with my friends, to conquer enemies and defend our realms together. The lack of this was for me a major turn off for the time being.

Thanks for your time
Old 02-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Friends list is almost finished and will be within this month i believe, magic is also being worked on.

Our wealth/influence model will allow us to keep polishing the game up if it becomes at least somewhat successful.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 02-07-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

i can't say alot about the others thats not obviously how awesome they are but as for this

"Magic
I would just love too see a intricate and fun magic system implemented. Conjure shields that defend cities against overland destruction spells. Summoning, blinding, fear, storms etc. Would really add more depth to the game than just straight forward army invasions.
"

magic is planned for the future and im sure they will do a epic job of it
Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
i can't say alot about the others thats not obviously how awesome they are but as for this

"Magic
"

magic is planned for the future and im sure they will do a epic job of it
Magic will turn the world upside down. It's like introducing a gundam in a civil war era of orcs and men. WAH
Old 02-08-2012, 01:07 AM

selridion has a default reputation

i hope magic ain't gonna be to easy tho

i mean shields and aoe flame wall spells are fun ideas but
if overdone it allows one to manipulate battle just with a spell placed at the right place
who needs army's when one has a invisible wall one can slap over a critical weakspot in ones wall

i wouldn't mind it being something like a "wizard unit"
think of supreme commander its shielding units
only then its a wizard in DoF :P when activated creates a small force field capable of shielding a few squads from ranged attacks until the shield its hp is taken down
it be nice because its a pain in the arse to fight archers...
unless you got a royal dragon
Old 02-08-2012, 02:35 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

thing king arthur 2 its system is both side has magic shields which stop magic and you can either strengthen yours when your army is fighting or try destroy theres but put less on defence (if the enemy has no magic shield you can wipe out the whole map with a few seconds notice)
Old 02-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I can only tell you a small bit of magic, your wizard is a hero type of unit that may have the highest level up table in the game (possibly 1-100), wizards will be quite easy to obtain but hard to train to level up and gain more powerful spells. Spells will cost Mana to cast, and we will be adding a method of increasing Mana generation with use of Wealth but it will be limited in time to prevent 'Pay to Win' scenarios.

There will be multiple schools of magic. Each one very unique, spells include projectile spells, area effect spells for allies or enemies. And a possibility of many if not all spells effecting other spells in other schools, an obvious example is water spells will put out fire spells most of the time.

Thats I'm gonna say for now.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

I do hope theres a limit on how many you can have :>

An idea for the magic types,not sure if anyone has ever played Planeshift,but they have a rune system,where you mix and match various runes to learn spells.

The simplest magic is 2 runes,useful but not over-powered,the strongest use 4 or different runes.The thing that makes this system fun,is the "rare" runes can be used with not-so rare ones,but create various magics.Last i played,was like 6 schools,and could not combine runes from a school in conflict with,but could combine from neighboring schools,like a check/balance system.

The systems indepth,but at same time,one of the best parts of an rpg magic system i have ever seen.

Now that I got to thinking about that game,may go try it again,been a few years,heard they did something with their engine
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 AM

Blizzy has a default reputation

i just hope magic is not "another" form of weapon style with standard "magic bolts" and units being ether weak against it or strong

something a bit more "arcane" would be nice... like it could go ether way, you could do massive damage to the enemy but theres also some chance if you are not careful or just have bad luck that you bring down a part of your own units with it as well

an example: i once played a game where you could summon zombies from the fallen bodies, but those zombies attacked ANYONE AND ANYTHING
if you are lucky you can summon bodies around the enemy's troop's, if you aren't careful and the enemy retreats fast enough or w/e you just created an additional batch of enemies to kill

Last edited by Blizzy : 02-25-2012 at 08:54 AM.