Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 03:51 AM

66Slipknot66 has a default reputation
Default I have 7-zip

What is wrong with that?

I have never even heard of winrar!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

.rar is a popular compression format similar to .zip, but slightly better. The download is quick and simple, and then you should be all set to play.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:56 AM

Default I used 7-zip, which did the decompression just fine.

It is the install I'm having problems with, which you will see if you read my PM reply!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:58 AM

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

I'm afraid I don't have anything from you in my inbox.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:02 AM

Default winrar wants money!

I already paid for your game!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:03 AM

The free trial will work: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
Old 02-05-2012, 04:06 AM

Default My PM Reply

The install stalls at being unable to find a file!

It took me a half hour to learn how to read this PM!

Why is this all so convoluted and hard??!!

Send me an email at mrbig_sings_blues@comcast.net

please

Dot net installs fine again and again, on subsequent attempts it just "repairs" but runs fine

The windows installer 4_5 directory only gives XP and Server 2003 executables! I have Windows 7!

There are two files in the archive: Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x64

and Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x86 both with .MSU extensions! trying to run either of them only opens further archives with no executables!

Running DawnOfFantasyInstaller.MSI only produces this error about halfway through:
Source File Not Found:
c:\Users\Ernest\appdata\Local\temp\7ZOAD6F.tmp\Mai n.
Verify that file exists and that you can access it!

And of course it does not exist!

I don't know what to do next!

Ernie
Old 02-05-2012, 04:09 AM

That "free trial" is not free is requires purchase of another product or pay for winrar!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

You need to chill.Your the one making this much harder than it needs to be,and in multple threads.

I have windows 7,and 7-zip as well.

Now,did you extract everything,or just a single file? Check folder,make sure it has 2 folders,and 4 files.If so,read on,if not,you didnt extract everything so do that first,then read on.Opening the archive in 7-zip and clicking setup isnt gonna cut it.

Inside of that folder you extracted,is a file called "setup" double click it,let it do its thing.If it works,read on,if it doesnt work,post here with the exact error.

Now,from what i gather from your posts its not installing,and it sounds to me as if you havent extracted all the files correctly.But its really hard to tell,because you keep refusing to answer any questions about the exact nature of your issue.

So do these two things,even if you already did them.And hopefuly next time you post,its either to say "hey thanx i got it" or some actual information on whats happening so we can help you.

Also,never had to pay for winrar in my life.....

I also get the distinct impression your trying to use the FOLDER named window installer,you want to use the FILE named "setup"

Last edited by Neinth : 02-05-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Slipknot66 View Post
That "free trial" is not free is requires purchase of another product or pay for winrar!
you just click on continue when that windows pops up, it asks you to buy it thats it, it does not actually demand you to do so.

I sent you a pm again please post your specs, but listen to neinth's reply above its very good. make sure you've extracted all of the files.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 02-05-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Closed Thread