Monday Patch - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

OMG WHAT!?!? You have made dragons kill able yet you are making them significantly weaker... Extra HP yes but a 33% reduction in range and an increase in stamina cost for abilities. Wow your destroying this game for me.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safey18 View Post
Your serious your not letting us trade with npc's for profit? Even with the useless way that villagers gather resources? Well if you wanted to make me quit you have succeeded. /back to SWTOR
ouch this is sad to hear hope you come back (i have TOR its kinda boring for me)
Old 02-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
OMG WHAT!?!? You have made dragons kill able yet you are making them significantly weaker... Extra HP yes but a 33% reduction in range and an increase in stamina cost for abilities. Wow your destroying this game for me.
that was more of a balance issue (you can camp a green far from a wall and fireball the enemies base now imagine 10 royals doing that then you see why its reduced as archers cant reach them and if they could can't even damage them alot
Old 02-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Your serious your not letting us trade with npc's for profit? Even with the useless way that villagers gather resources? Well if you wanted to make me quit you have succeeded. /back to SWTOR

until we create a dynamic economy, the profit of any sort from 60 horse carts is to exploitative, people have made million gold in only a few days. it is pathetic. Having the game's economy completely broken is the game breaker as it takes you out of immersion.

Making your vast armies of mercenaries a little harder to get will improve gameplay not destroy it. There is much more imersion involved with training your own troops from your homeland, leveling them up and having them win or lose a battle than a bunch of level 8 army you just bought at dagbor for 21,000 gold.

Quote:

Having a dragon siege your stronghold endlessly with fireballs that out range everything in game is hardly balanced.

The only reason why I think this ruins the game for you is because you have no workers and just trade carts and you have dragon only armies everywhere and your tactics involve the ones we are removing?

Anyways hope you come back later on games going to be great when the game does not have endless resources endless wealth and endless dragons with a new pathfinding system.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
You have made dragons kill able yet you are making them significantly weaker
Only the Fireball ability which everyone complained about was nerfed, overall we are increasing Dragon stats.

Quote:
Your serious your not letting us trade with npc's for profit? Even with the useless way that villagers gather resources?
We plan to work on dynamic trading system right after pathfinding - so this is temporary. And right now trading between your town and NPC towns makes perfect sense. If you are in lets say Wold region with plenty of wood, you can sell excessive wood at various NPC towns to make a killing in gold.
However - as Joseph explained - with the old system it was possible to reach 30,000 gold with your army with-in 3 hours of starting the game.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
However - as Joseph explained - with the old system it was possible to reach 30,000 gold with your army with-in 3 hours of starting the game.
more like +100k

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Hate to correct you but even 1.5795e+005 gold... okay, not only using the market
Old 02-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Safey18 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
more like +100k
Tell you the truth I can make a mill gold in an hour easy. Never have but I just can't see myself going back to spending hours getting the resources, hours making the troops and then more hours leveling only to have the entire army wiped in 1 battle. What makes this game fun is the fighting, not the making of troops.

Also fireball is the ONLY thing that makes dragons even slightly powerful. HP won't matter cause once it's in range of an army it's dead. Fire wall doesn't matter because if your using it along with the dragons normal attack your too damn close and your dragon will die. AND now it's dead forever go figure?

Now your saying that being able to buy units easily is immersion killing. How exactly? If I'm a rich king with my own land and castle etc I should easily be able to afford a few armies here and there. What IS immersion and fun killing is never finding a PvP ever. Maybe if more people knew how to make gold fast there would actually be armies to contend with rather then the majority too scared to lose their army they have worked so hard on (understandable).

Now onto Joseph. I do have plenty of dragons actually but the amount of power they add makes it impractical to really have more then 1 in an army. That being said I haven't found a battle in a couple months that included my dragon as on the rare occasion I find a PvP it is at a low army strength. Also without being able to buy armies this game will suffer hugely. Troops SHOULD be easy to get so people can actually enjoy the best part of the game... Combat, instead of worrying about how 1 archer troop could die the entire fight.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:37 PM

crazyb0b is just below average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Gave infraction to crazyb0b for trolling you about trolling...
Lol sorry for feeding him. Just got tired of how negative he seems to be in every single post he puts up.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyb0b View Post
Lol sorry for feeding him. Just got tired of how negative he seems to be in every single post he puts up.
yeah its up to all of us to ignore people