Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Cash Shop - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 AM

crazedwombat has a default reputation
Default Cash Shop

the cash shop is not very well balanced, being able to buy in game currency is a huge mistake.

it ruins the economy for the rest of the players, just look at the efforts all the other F2p go through to get rid of gold sellers, they do it for a reason.

there should also be a $9.99 1 month buff for those of us that would like to spend a small amount monthly instead of running on a cash treadmill. i'm willing to spend $10 a month for some semi weak buff but not more than that... without that option you are losing at least $10 a month from me because i'm not going to spend that for some short term 1 day pay off or to speed something up.

maybe it could be a "vip" buff with something like 5-10% increase in resources... i'd buy it... or maybe it would just be a recurring Wealth income, like X wealth per day... i haven't played long enough to suggest a balanced # for the wealth income, so i'll leave it at X. i realize i just said in game cash selling is a mistake, but the way wealth is setup it wouldn't be a huge deal if it was a low enough number...

(my main concern is the ability to buy gold, because if i'm seeing things right this makes it seriously unbalanced, you could buy mercenaries, resources any number of things and if a BIG spender started playing then he/she would be unstoppable.)

also you wouldn't be able to get the monthly buff without agreeing to it being recurring... that way you guys would at least have a steady income that could be tracked, and you could start giving out the client for free if that number was pleasing.

Last edited by crazedwombat : 01-26-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:18 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

um you're complaining about the fact people who do this save time but all there doing is not doing a pvp match and gold is nothing i can spend 10miniutes killing dragons and ill have camps full of gold and buying mercenaries they normally are only lvl 5 or close to that yet my units are level 10 each if you buy 100 gold with crowns you saved yourself from killing 10 goblins its completly balanced and all it does is give you a way to earn it and still outrank people who pay for them as im sure i can horde up more crowns in one day then most peoples weeks worth of pay.

Also try to get all these threads into one as some are complaining some are looking for a obvious tab and the rest are somewhere inbetween and 6 threads miniutes within each other with general ideas is not too shiny for the page

Last edited by knightl : 01-26-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:31 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedwombat View Post
the cash shop is not very well balanced, being able to buy in game currency is a huge mistake.

it ruins the economy for the rest of the players, just look at the efforts all the other F2p go through to get rid of gold sellers, they do it for a reason.

there should also be a $9.99 1 month buff for those of us that would like to spend a small amount monthly instead of running on a cash treadmill. i'm willing to spend $10 a month for some semi weak buff but not more than that... without that option you are losing at least $10 a month from me because i'm not going to spend that for some short term 1 day pay off or to speed something up.

maybe it could be a "vip" buff with something like 5-10% increase in resources... i'd buy it... or maybe it would just be a recurring Wealth income, like X wealth per day... i haven't played long enough to suggest a balanced # for the wealth income, so i'll leave it at X. i realize i just said in game cash selling is a mistake, but the way wealth is setup it wouldn't be a huge deal if it was a low enough number...

(my main concern is the ability to buy gold, because if i'm seeing things right this makes it seriously unbalanced, you could buy mercenaries, resources any number of things and if a BIG spender started playing then he/she would be unstoppable.)

also you wouldn't be able to get the monthly buff without agreeing to it being recurring... that way you guys would at least have a steady income that could be tracked, and you could start giving out the client for free if that number was pleasing.
um no,just no. Considering the fact wealth is so easy to get in this game,that idea is terrible. asay buying gold ruins the game but there are some facts.Buying gold speeds the process but you'll need to buy crazy amounts of wealth before actually reaching the same level as the older players here. Is it worth?not if you can invest time. that option is only for people who can't afford to play a lot. Is it fair?well considering the fact pvp is army str scaled and you can't attack someone lower than you, it is.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

also he still hasn't managed to play the game so hes just assuming about all the things that might be wrong

"can't login, getting timed out...

trying router restart now but i highly doubt this will solve anything as i can access all other sites just as quickly as always...

router reset yielded no results as i expected it wouldn't, it also times out on trying to create a new account, wanted to see if it would at least tell me the key had been used again which would at least indicate some response from the server but it just times out also...

NOTHING else is using my connection either as i disabled all connections but this one in the router setup..

suggestion: quick hotfix to increase the timeout timer on the client? it only seems to wait like 10-15 seconds, it should really try for at least 30-45.."
Old 01-26-2012, 06:37 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Well
Some people have Telepathic Abilitys
He sees the Future of not being Content with the Cash Shop after he Startet playing ^^
Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 AM

crazedwombat has a default reputation

actually i've been playing for days... but gg.

and you don't need to be telepathic... just have half a brain and playing mmos since 1997...

obviously you guys have not seen players willing to spend $1000 a month... then you'll see what i mean, and yes they do exist..

buddy of mine who makes 150k a year just spent $500 for a hero on a game called golden age...

name one other mmo that intentionally sells in game currency with no caps and i'll revoke my complaint... (there's a good reason they don't)

the problem isn't apparent yet because of low population... but it will be a problem if they ever make the client free and attract more players...

Last edited by crazedwombat : 01-26-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I guess the reply I just made here: http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5403 works for this post as well
Old 01-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I suggest you play the game more before jumping to conclusions, wealth does not give any unfair advantage to actual player vs player combat besides Special units needing to be balanced just like any other unit. People who earn wealth for free or people who buy it are only separated by Time.

I hope your friend comes and plays dof lol, I'll siege him with my free account(an account I play that I do not add in any extra anything I earn it myself) and completely pwn him regardless if he has a royal dragon and dwarf axemen. I'll have grandmasters, mounted knights, and upgraded Halberdiers.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Quote:

and you don't need to be telepathic... just have half a brain and playing mmos since 1997...

obviously you guys have not seen players willing to spend $1000 a month... then you'll see what i mean, and yes they do exist..

buddy of mine who makes 150k a year just spent $500 for a hero on a game called golden age...

name one other mmo that intentionally sells in game currency with no caps and i'll revoke my complaint... (there's a good reason they don't)

the problem isn't apparent yet because of low population... but it will be a problem if they ever make the client free and attract more players...
150k a year? Geez..he must be a real top notch CEO to play games
Old 01-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:

ill take your suggestion

^new troll, play the game enjoy the good forget the bad.

You obviously don't understand the cash shop as kon said in his post all you can get that i can't as easy is a army of dragons if you were to spend $150k on the army but of course it wont fit in a army and the str will be too high so he'll be playing by himself and also golden age is by aeria game with no caps

heres a few

twelve sky
twelve sky2
shaia
wolfs
tomcats

Last edited by knightl : 01-26-2012 at 04:43 PM.