Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Why this game has low pop. - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 03:53 PM

bgardner104 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedwombat View Post
I can't believe you guys are charging for the game AND have a cash shop in the game.

I never would've played had it not been for the free client, i really believe you'd make more money and draw much more population if you just made the client free for good.

On a side note, i would've been fairly angry had i payed $30 for the client as well because of the bugs i've encountered. They aren't anything game breaking, but they are irritating and something i'd expect in a free client, but not in a pay client.

For example, my humans not wanting to butcher animals even though they are set to ready to butcher, and the humans are idle standing right next to them set to butcher task.. units getting stuck on geometry with no escape.. average income staying the same until relog even though all the workers were retasked... etc...

PVP: why is there a protection timer at all if you can only fight people at your same level of development? as long as both players are equally noob, there shouldn't be any timer at all period.

I don't want to include anything else in my rant as i don't want to take away from the VITAL problem i have, and that is the costly client. You are missing out on a huge population by charging the fee for the client, at LEAST make like a 30 day free trial. The demographic this game is targeting is unlikely to be ok paying for a client and then being expected to pay for stuff in the game also..

P2P or F2P, NOT BOTH, IT'S A TERRIBLE BUSINESS MODEL!
my problem is you just want to play for free, a demo is hard to make of game like this. go see if youtube or live streams/recorded of dawn of fantasy. demos cast them money to run witch could be used on the full game. free to play type model for this game might make the pop bigger but most will never use the non free stuff and most good stuff will cost $$$$ this is why f2p sucks just look at all the crap games on facebook and android/ios game that do this.
ps. all fb games suck. some games do work free to play. if they do dont make like fb games only a few move the ether pay or wait to do any thing

Last edited by bgardner104 : 01-28-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:28 PM

bgardner104 has a default reputation

love the game im getting this soon

Last edited by bgardner104 : 01-28-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I believe we plan to release trail keys later on which will give you X amount of time to play, then when it runs out you can choose to upgrade to a full key and buy the game or stop playing or get another trail key with a different email address but then you never continue where you left off and have to start over every time. Not a ideal fun way to play.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:20 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Trail Keys Ftw
Old 01-29-2012, 01:02 PM

sydek has a default reputation

Not sure if everyone has had this problem or what but me and my rl friend couldent even install the game. Told the other 3 people not to buy the game tha
t was going to play with us. Not sure how many players have been turned away just because of this.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:59 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

because it doesn't work for you. You assume it doesn't work for others? It worked for me..my friends...and etc. Who do you think you are think you can make choices for others?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydek View Post
Not sure if everyone has had this problem or what but me and my rl friend couldent even install the game. Told the other 3 people not to buy the game tha
t was going to play with us. Not sure how many players have been turned away just because of this.
have they tried to get help at all?

when swine flu hit did all the people just stay inside and die NO they went to hospital told them whats wrong with them and what they did when they got the problem and they were saved

now imagine if they did what you're friends did ok i got the game wait it doesn't work a whole help section nahh that can't help me

see my point
Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 PM

WerewolfX has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightl View Post
have they tried to get help at all?

when swine flu hit did all the people just stay inside and die NO they went to hospital told them whats wrong with them and what they did when they got the problem and they were saved

now imagine if they did what you're friends did ok i got the game wait it doesn't work a whole help section nahh that can't help me

see my point
i stayed inside during the swine flu, and i didn't di-
Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
i stayed inside during the swine flu, and i didn't di-
i expected a arrow to the knee joke or something and also this games pop is going up rapidly and its all about timing atm
Old 02-09-2012, 08:51 PM

jayknightx has a default reputation

I liked this guy's idea, why not provide a demo or a trial version?
29$ can be pain in the wallet. and after that welcome NEW PLAYERS!!!