Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Why this game has low pop. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 AM

crazedwombat has a default reputation
Default Why this game has low pop.

I can't believe you guys are charging for the game AND have a cash shop in the game.

I never would've played had it not been for the free client, i really believe you'd make more money and draw much more population if you just made the client free for good.

On a side note, i would've been fairly angry had i payed $30 for the client as well because of the bugs i've encountered. They aren't anything game breaking, but they are irritating and something i'd expect in a free client, but not in a pay client.

For example, my humans not wanting to butcher animals even though they are set to ready to butcher, and the humans are idle standing right next to them set to butcher task.. units getting stuck on geometry with no escape.. average income staying the same until relog even though all the workers were retasked... etc...

PVP: why is there a protection timer at all if you can only fight people at your same level of development? as long as both players are equally noob, there shouldn't be any timer at all period.

I don't want to include anything else in my rant as i don't want to take away from the VITAL problem i have, and that is the costly client. You are missing out on a huge population by charging the fee for the client, at LEAST make like a 30 day free trial. The demographic this game is targeting is unlikely to be ok paying for a client and then being expected to pay for stuff in the game also..

P2P or F2P, NOT BOTH, IT'S A TERRIBLE BUSINESS MODEL!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Think thats fine
Main Problem in my Eyes is that theres no way to get Trial Entry

People often Dislike the Idea of Paying for Something before they actually know if its worth it.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:27 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

not that you said your complaint,i'll reply back: play the game before talking and judging.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

this thread reminds me of a oddly similar cash shop thread posted by someone
Old 01-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

It is there, somewhere on the forum, suggested to have a 7 day trial that can be converted to pay for client - play for free with the possibility of buying wealth ... I really hope there will be a solution for this, like keys for every registered user and the keys to have a valid time ... oh and what I would really like to see, is pay by sms for wealth option.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:53 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Well theres alot Possibilitys here
but Fact is we need to get some Promotion for this Game

and an Demo is usually the best way to Promote something
since people dont feel like buying a Cat in the Sack

Now Question would be how much the Demo should Offer
And how long it should go

For Example no Restricition with one Week Playtime would risk that people play for a Week and then take next Trial Account
Restrictions but no Timelimit would be like Free to Play since many people would simply Discard the "Premium Features"

Well thats a hard nut to Crack ^^
Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 AM

crazedwombat has a default reputation

just because the server is acting up right now doesn't mean i've never played.. get a new troll.

my threads are separate because they address different subjects, putting them all into 1 long post is a stupid suggestion.

the demo would work for like 7 days or something, you would be assigned a product key that would expire at that point and that would be locked to your IP... it's not a tough nut to crack considering it's been done since the beginning of time... copy someone else's trial scheme.

Last edited by crazedwombat : 01-26-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

All in good time... The demo, trial, even F2P model after a year+ is all panned, but time is not right.

The current business model allows us to properly "finish" the game. It`s not a secret that our ex-publisher released the game half a year before it was due. We are getting close to our goal - and comes spring DoF should be ready for a wider audience. Meanwhile we make sure to run some promos to keep at least the minimal player population.

And DoF is really not a pay to win game, so the cash shop in-game is just a way for players to spend the influence they earn from PvP games, with a rare exception of somebody paying a few $ to get some special unit like a Dragon.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

someone hasn't made a game before apparently
Old 01-28-2012, 09:26 AM

WerewolfX has a default reputation

you do realize cash shop is COMPLETELY optional.
Plus you don't have to pay a cent to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
All in good time... The demo, trial, even F2P model after a year+ is all panned, but time is not right.

The current business model allows us to properly "finish" the game. It`s not a secret that our ex-publisher released the game half a year before it was due. We are getting close to our goal - and comes spring DoF should be ready for a wider audience. Meanwhile we make sure to run some promos to keep at least the minimal player population.

And DoF is really not a pay to win game, so the cash shop in-game is just a way for players to spend the influence they earn from PvP games, with a rare exception of somebody paying a few $ to get some special unit like a Dragon.
or doing what i did and buying 3 bucks worth to build my a wall early on.

Last edited by WerewolfX : 01-28-2012 at 09:28 AM.