Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Influence/Wealth Suggestion - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 03:49 AM

Doeetright has a default reputation
Default Influence/Wealth Suggestion

So, I came across a little dilemma today, nothing drastic that made me want to pull my hair out. But it definitely got me thinking a bit...

I received a code for influence/wealth (whatever you guys are calling it nowadays) And, I "wasn't sure" whether I wanted to spend it in my human city or orc city. Then it gave me the thought that they should be linked to my ID and not my city, all influence should be able to carry over to other cities. Then get rid of the starting 25 influence bonus, and just let it be cumulative over all cities through questing/PvP. It's not like we have the ability to quest on 4 cities at once so it really wouldn't affect anything to that end. Basically say questing gets too hard in your human city, so you go and play your orc until you have enough influence for some riflemen. Then you can log back into your human city place your riflemen and own face. I think this is more of a "would be nice" feature though instead of like a must fix now "pathing" But it is something that I think once the cash shop gets some huge additions would be a necessity.

Also, I have a question about the code to gain influence. "IF" I save it and don't redeem it, would it eventually become invalid? If so how long before it becomes so? Should I just cash it in and "hope" that a feature is implemented to allow influence to be empire wide and not just city wide?
Old 01-25-2012, 04:02 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Well i recently gave away a code i got back a few months ago for a dragon and that worked so with the expiry i don't think it does.

As for the rest i think it sort of removes the whole building up if you could transfer wealth as easy as it sounds unless you mean you can activate it on one city then put it on another but i don't see a point for that and also i believe if you could swap wealth from a big city to another etc etc, it would take away from pvp.

my opinion im sure alot of other people would like it
Old 01-25-2012, 04:37 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Hmm
Both are actually right

I like the idea of having Shared Influence and only give Starting Influence on the First City you Create

But its also true that this will make building up of other Citys much Easyr
and would take away an Importand part of the Game

Well I.ll keep out of that
I cant really Decide for or against it.

Greetz
Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 AM

Doeetright has a default reputation

Well, to be honest I've put a bit of thought into this. See here's how it would work in my eyes.

1) Get rid of ALL starting influence (even the 25 from your very first city)
2) Drop the gain rate of influence instead of 2-6 make it an unshakable 1 per quest 2-5 per pvp battle (obviously more if dragons are involved and dying) - to promote pvp

So yes, in theory you could just keep creating multiple starting cities and then you could transfer that to your main city. But that's still making the individual put a lot of time into it, like now I just finished building my walls. Basically the only thing I was logging in for was to trade food for stone. If I had more incentive to start another city now, like to better the power of my main city I would do so.

Basically yes, shared influence would make things easier, at the same time I think the influence gain should be reduced. If that makes sense, so it's not absurdly overpowered and you still have to work for it, but it's also conveniently there to put in any city you desire. Basically like a shared bank between all cities, with low influence gain so you're putting in the time and effort whether you're playing your main city or an alt city.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doeetright View Post
Well, to be honest I've put a bit of thought into this. See here's how it would work in my eyes.

1) Get rid of ALL starting influence (even the 25 from your very first city)
2) Drop the gain rate of influence instead of 2-6 make it an unshakable 1 per quest 2-5 per pvp battle (obviously more if dragons are involved and dying) - to promote pvp

So yes, in theory you could just keep creating multiple starting cities and then you could transfer that to your main city. But that's still making the individual put a lot of time into it, like now I just finished building my walls. Basically the only thing I was logging in for was to trade food for stone. If I had more incentive to start another city now, like to better the power of my main city I would do so.

Basically yes, shared influence would make things easier, at the same time I think the influence gain should be reduced. If that makes sense, so it's not absurdly overpowered and you still have to work for it, but it's also conveniently there to put in any city you desire. Basically like a shared bank between all cities, with low influence gain so you're putting in the time and effort whether you're playing your main city or an alt city.

im still not sure if this would appease the crowds and im gonna stay on the fence until every little detail is planned and the sort because if this happens it could be nice or if done wrong could be a horrible disaster
Old 01-25-2012, 08:46 AM

selridion has a default reputation

i don't know what kind of amounts of wealth we are talking about
but does it really matter what castle you spend your wealth on ?
the way the game works right now is that wealth dictates your speed of progression
if you share wealth you could accumulate 200 wealth on your 1st castle and then boost out your 2nd castle in a matter of hours

atm you could only do that if you are willing to invest real money into the game
but if you share wealth over your whole account only the first castle will be a challenge
+ it would cost the devs potential profit cuz why would one spend money on wealth if you can just use the loads you got spare from your main castle

just pick a castle and use the wealth on it... and get the other castle up without it
i mean iv build my human castle up in a few days without buying or getting any wealth... and i don't know why anyone else would need extra wealth
the game gives you plenty... iv even got a royal dragon without to much work...