Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What should happen to Dragons when they die? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Read below before voting. Choose the option you support.
#1. Dragons should die. 53 63.86%
#2. Dragons should Respawn with reset levels. 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation
Default What should happen to Dragons when they die?

Last poll worked out, but now we have inflation of dragons so its time for another change and another poll. lets clear the slates here.

Currently, if Dragons die in battle they do not really die, they just lie down until the end of the battle and get resurrected/respawn after battle to be used endlessly like your town's Hero, but there skills and levels are reset.
This has sparked much debate with these two main augments on both sides:

1. People have complained about losing a dragon that they just bought and lost a total of 10$ in wealth purchased.

2. With endless lives Dragons can be suicide machines rushing into battle to cause as much damage as possible before dying, this promotes reckless commanding without much player skill involved to be victorious. it also spawns a greater unfair advantage to players who can not afford or have the time to get a Dragon. With accumulating wealth due to victorious armies using dragons they are able to buy more dragons making Dragon Armies that can not be lost, they can lose, but don't die off.

3.New Additional Augment in 2012: Inflation of Dragons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

Dragons' population has seen 100% inflation rate with no way to deflate the population as they can never die. The population of dragons is simply exploding and many players have dragon armies that are immune to any sort of actual loss in pvp battles.

Possible changes to dragons include:

#1.
Dragons Respawn if level 5 or less. After the dragon gets to level 6 it changes to a dragon that can die and wont ever come back.
Dragons will be Buffed in higher levels. Higher level Dragons will be Epicly strong and be able to turn the tide of battle earning you more Wealth, but if you lose him after level 5. hes gone forever. Event Dragons will receive massive buff and be killable as well, but they will return every year for that season, Haunter Dragon for Halloween and Ice Dragon for X-mas.

Possible addition to #1.
The Loot from Players' dragons (not npc dragons from Sssilistra), when they die, will give Wealth/influance upto 50-75% of what the dragon is worth. This means if a royal dragon dies, the person who wins the battle earns 60-90 wealth from the dead dragon and it is gone for ever. This also means the enemy can profit from your loss and adds a element of gambling in bringing dragons into battle.
Workers will be banned from corpse looting dragons and only the winner(s) of the battle will get it after battle. We may add a tick for Dragon's Level to effect the wealth effects so a level 60 will give alot more wealth than a level 6 (seen as level 5 and lower dont die...)

#2.
Keep it the way it is. If he dies, all levels and skill reset, start over at level 1, lose all skill! Lower leveled dragons will be weaker over time. Warning: this option has effects of 100% inflation rate as dragons will never die and their population will forever increase, dragons will not be rare but very common.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 01-10-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

This time Dev's vote's count for 5 votes :P Konstantin what do you vote for?

Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Sing me up for # 5
Old 01-09-2012, 10:46 PM

buddhist23 is having trouble understanding forum rules

Is there a way to put dragons in a reservation? ;]
Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Sing me up for # 5
lol you like Zimbabwe dollars dont you kon...
I can see it now, july 2012, in dof, DRAGON WARS, everyone has armies of 10 royal dragons at least battling it out nonstop without any regards to any sort of loss. wonderful.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

I voted 3.

Only thing I would change is the conditions of death,in pve have them respawn,in pvp have them die,if thats possible

Also against epicly strong,I think maybe some slight increases in their armour values would be enough.After you get up past 1k dmg theres not much that can withstand them already,barring hero or anouther dragon,and hero doesnt have that good of a chance.

Would also love to see lowered arrow protection while flying.

Other than that,kill em,kill em all

I say this,while building a dragon army myself lmao

And rather smart idea re-doing this one,though suprized the revive is winning atm

Edit: if revive stays you could just rename the game,dragon wars has a ring to it
Old 01-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

def option 3. dragons must be done! But.....can we have a vault to store our holidays dragons? I want to be able to store mines without actually losing them,but they take too much space and I don't want to ''suicide'' them.But I'd still go for something like ''proud owner of dragon give at 2011 halloween and 2011 christmas''. It's not about anything overpowered,but to show you had it. I'll give an example that did something like that. Runescape

That game basically at every holiday gave different costumes and items that did fun effects and that could be throwed away but you would get them back from a guy in a village which stored them no matter how many times you took them and throwed them. I want something similar with an exception. The dragons taken out can be killed. Although in the future with hero customization I'd go for holiday items instead of units. That way they can stay permanently in the hero's inventory.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
d... I'd still go for something like ''proud owner of dragon give at 2011 halloween and 2011 christmas''...
We could have a tag in the profile where it says "Proud owner of a Christmas Dragon or Halloween Dragon or Rabbit Dragon" and when the die "Proudly owned a ..." but seriously the tag could be mad in the profile under an achievements section ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinth View Post
I voted 3.
same here

Quote:
Only thing I would change is the conditions of death,in pve have them respawn,in pvp have them die,if thats possible
Yes, yes, that would be the way.

Quote:
Other than that,kill em,kill em all
Burn them, burn the Dragons with their own firebreath.

Quote:
Edit: if revive stays you could just rename the game,dragon wars has a ring to it
Why bother building up an army and doing quests if we can have a game with instant Dragon fights ? We could just have a game where you get some dragons for every holiday and even for our birthday and then battle them against other Dragons. If want Dragons so badly, there should be a Dragon race and this way other races can buy as many Dragons they like from NPC towns without bothering if they die or not period
Old 01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
If want Dragons so badly, there should be a Dragon race and this way other races can buy as many Dragons they like from NPC towns without bothering if they die or not period
ooooooh yeah lol that is the spot for me lol

Sorry I would love to for dragons to be more apart of the game somehow then an epicly rare creature you never see. The idea of dragons being a super troop that is rarely seen has been overdone to death in games.

Not to mention if it is this super huge rare uber unit in later lvls then it will be those that have massive amounts of time to make those units and instead of armies of dragons vs army of dragons it will an army of super dragons wiping out casual players till they call foul enough that those new dragons get nerfed.

Ballance does need to be maintained and I agree 100% inflation is bad. Always the thing of becareful what you wish for.

It was mentioned before about allowing only one dragon per army and that to me sounded great. If people did not like how many dragons their own nation had that was what the discard feature is for. (although i would say depending on dragon ie dragon points )
Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 PM

rollando has a default reputation

a good way to improve the use of dragon its to give 30% of wealt and give the chance to the player who lost the dragon to retrain it of the cost of 10k gold, would be nice to see a real economie with a unit like dragon.
Want it, pay for it :P