Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Game re set - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM

theskeletonking has a default reputation

also i tried re installing the game but that made no difference, same issue is there
Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

C:\>NetStat -o I think will list connections and ports being used,done in command prompt,to find what program it is,look for the pid number,then open new command prompt and type C:\>TaskList /FI "pid eq **pidnumber**" /FO LIST /V which should tell you what programs using the port

Last edited by Neinth : 01-23-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 AM

Default heya

Thanks for the advise but that a bit to tecknical for me to find i think, i had ago but didnt really know what i was looing for. Is there not anyway someone from your tecknical team could directly connect to my computer? that was you could run the game, see the issue and hopefuly resolve this for me? You could then run the command prompts and hopefuly find the issue. As i am based in the UK the time difference may need to be taken into account.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:09 AM

Pressing on from this i would need to know what port number the game would use, i believe i could then check somehow if the port is open and workign correctly from my computer to your server then there should be no reason for the data save packet to be sent and received your end correctly. Please advise.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:23 PM

So i have ruled out every option, i have cheched ports are open which they are, updated eveything and anything on my computer ect, the only thing i can think now its the game doesnt like windows 7, or there is an error with the game it self
Old 01-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

I run windows 7,and never had a crash,do beleive this is happening on your end.

Wouldnt mind seeing a logfile though,maybe something there that explains it,would also ask for name of your anti-virus,router and modem types.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskeletonking View Post
So i have ruled out every option, i have cheched ports are open which they are, updated eveything and anything on my computer ect, the only thing i can think now its the game doesnt like windows 7, or there is an error with the game it self
i have used my cell phone to remotely access a friends computer to fix some issues with his computer before maybe they could try something like this to get a clearer image of the problem

'also skeleton king if theres no fix by the end of the week try formatting your computer it fixes alot of problems alot of the time and since its new i hope you wouldn't lose too much data you already saved
Old 01-26-2012, 04:27 AM

Haya i dont have a router, just direct into my broadband modem, speed is unlimted with orange. Not sure of make/model ect. How woud i get a log file ect? The fact you have windows 7 and yours works fine is just beyond me, i really dont know why.

I also noticed when i lof out of the game back to the main menu and then try to log back into village that it keeps saying loggin failed, and i cant log back in untill i close down the game and re start it up again (Then whole village is re set ect)

Also when i do back to desktop the game music continues to play for a further 5 minuets even tho game is total closed.

I think i have exhausted all i can, i hope the developers ect can find the issue and resolve.

Regards,
Old 01-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

The model and name of the modem will be on the modem,on bottom or back.

The log file is located in "c:/programs/reverieworldstudios/dawnoffantasy/ "

Should be 5 files,named log1.txt log2.txt log3.txt log4.txt log5.txt,normally would attach just log1.txt but i think attaching all 5 might be helpful.

It sounds like your dumping packets,which if thats the case,I think can be fixed,just need to figure out if thats whats happening or not.Log file may or may not help,you may have to get into that technical stuff i posted earlier.

The command to check packet loss/retransmits "netstat -s -v" used in the command prompt.

Would be helpful if you can run that command,copy/paste that output into a notepad,then run game for a while,log out,try to log back in,then close the game,run that command again,copy that output into anouther notepad,and then attach both netstat outputs and the log1.txt file here.

If I am right,the netstat output's will show it,and can determine if any of the settings on your modem or computer can be changed to fix it.If i am wrong,then hey least you will have learned to do netstat commands lmao
Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
I also noticed when i lof out of the game back to the main menu and then try to log back into village that it keeps saying loggin failed, and i cant log back in untill i close down the game and re start it up again (Then whole village is re set ect)
This happens as the game is trying to save your data, and while it keeps trying to save it even after you quit the game, it stops you from logging in.

As Ninth have suggested there - we are 90% certain some other program is using same port as Dawn of Fantasy does for saving stuff on the server. We are using port 30844

The only course of action I`d recommend is for you to track what program you have installed uses this port. You can easily Google the instructions (sorry I`m not a tehy myself so don`t really know how to do this)