Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Resource storage - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM

selridion has a default reputation
Default Resource storage

now we all know the game has a resource cap

from my point of view its there to limit the "afk" part of the game so you don't end up with 5mil food after being afk for a few months

and to be honest i don't really have a problem with the cap at all its fine as it is
with 1 lil exception "gold"

when i do some quests i get about 3500 to 4500 gold from a repeatable quest
in many cases... i cant rly spend it all... and usually i sink it into training troops
but im getting close to a point were iv got 100 troops at lvl 5....
and all together i might be able to store up to 15000 gold without it evaporating
thats like 4/5 quests and then all the gold i make past that = poof... gone

now i was thinking wouldn't it be a idea to allow you to bank gold in allied city's ?
so you can store your spare gold for later use... i mean after a epic pvp match its always nice to get some of the gold you previously worked hard for out of the bank so you can buy yourself some sexy mercs to put back on those walls

just a lil idea
Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I love the idea!!!! I`ll add it to our list of things to do - a bank in NPC towns should work well!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Yeah, this is a great idea. I've gotten so much gold, but it never lasts. Having a bank would be amazing.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:23 PM

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

It is amazing - I been playing the test map prototype today - and tasking 16 full battalions across huge map without any lag at all. This finally opens up the way to 6 player PvP battles. And dual core players will especially love this
Old 01-19-2012, 01:38 PM

my quad core will rejoice itself

and after some more thinking
the bank idea itself is nice but it would be even nicer if it ties into the world itself

make it a way of player interaction and player to npc interaction
for example allowing your bank to be used for players to invest into NPC keeps
use bank as a way to pay NPC keeps for influence instead of how its done right now

or maybe make it so you can order reenforcements while your in a loosing battle if you have high standings with a NPC city + a big chunk of gold inside your bank

use banks for player trading for example.... even tho well... there aint much to trade atm accept resources (and trading resources = gamebreaking in a way)
tho troops could be nice to trade (high lvl ones)

but lets say if for example in the future you deside to add "gear" for platoons
that be something you could trade to other players and use a bank as medium

just some random brainstorms :P
Old 01-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

Quote:
It is amazing - I been playing the test map prototype today - and tasking 16 full battalions across huge map without any lag at all. This finally opens up the way to 6 player PvP battles. And dual core players will especially love this
hehehe way to be offtopic there Kon :>

I like the idea of bank,and would like toss idea of allowing units carry cap inside the city to affect cities capicity for resources and gold.Perhaps a percentage of what they can carry gets added to cities cap,no reason my peasants should be able to carry some gold around,cuz i pay them for the potatoes.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:33 AM

tbh i think its a lil odd units can carry supply

think about it .... your a swordsman your in a super heavy suit of army hauling a sword and a shield with you trough wind and weather

now as a swordsman your ordered to siege a city... and for that you need rocks for ammo...
big rocks....
but your a swordsman so you can carry a rock... which is about the weight of a car cuz your moma was leeerrroooyyyy jenkinnnsss and yo daddy was chuck noris

from a "sense of realism" perspective army cap should be depended on "having supply carts with you"

instead of having capacity depend on army size, would it not make more sense to change how armys work ?

atm a army is a cluster of units its not so much a entity like a castle is but just a bunch of units heaped together
would it not make more sense to have some requirements to build a army
lets say you require a few carts + some workers and you can build a army from those
then you would have a empty army with 0/0 units and a set cap of resources

you could make it like siege camps that there is diff sizes of army's with diff costs to build
a small army with a cap of 10 a medium army with a cap of 30 and large with a cap of 60 for example
these 3 sizes would obviously have diff resource cap's aswell

now what would be beneficial from this ?
-since a army has storage as standard you wont have to bring carts to boost it = more room for army
-atm iv got a bank army made out of 30+ carts.. and still rising towards 60 to store goods, which is sorta a dodgy way to use army's
-if you put all your troops into your city the army itself wont despawn and keep it, which could open up stuff like giving them a permanent name so army's are easier to identify
-the swordsman in my army will be happy they don't have to carry car sized boulders around anymore
-other things i have not thought of yet

now im wandering off topic
this just popped into my mind so now its popped on the forums :P
now time to continue my horse cart army... i gotta get its attack power to 60... cuz horse carts are just that awsome

Last edited by selridion : 01-20-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
hehehe way to be offtopic there Kon :>
I was suppose to post that in the Patch Preview post - to talk about the new awesome pathfinding lol

Quote:
from a "sense of realism" perspective army cap should be depended on "having supply carts with you"
This is pretty much how the system was planned from the start, but too many players complain. However - while swordsman can carry a very small amount of resources (20 I think?), Horse carts, Peasants, Ogres e.t.c carry from 5 to 10 times more. I don`t recall the stats by heart - by I think army with 10 swordsman can only carry 200 resources, but army with 10 horse carts can carry 2500.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

horse carts are 500 :> swordsman are like 90,peasants are 80,but female wardens and male wardens are.....240

Just pointing out the carry rates are weird :>

Was wondering why not add a carry cap to each building,like storehouses,2 of those doesnt increase storage,but sorta should.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:35 AM

just wondering tho does the game need more resource storage inside the castle ?
i mean i barely ever cap it if at all cuz i got my workers in workcamps
and i got my cute lil army of horse carts so :P
the only resource i tend to get way to much of as said before is gold

iv also heard people say that they would only get sheep and generate so much gold that they would buy all other resources
i guess in a way that's a lil dodgy aswell

gota loooovveee resources :P