Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Cyroch has a default reputation
Default PvP

Hi,
hopefully I didn't miss a similar question, and if, I'm sorry.

I play for 3 days now, and however my army is still quite small, I thought I try some small scaled PvP matches.
So I just moved outside my city and wandered around the area and searched for a pvp match every now and then. And I never found one, even with long range scouting and being brave.
Is it that I have to move outside my race's realm (I'm playing humans, alpine region)? Or is there simply no one playing pvp with armies weak like mine (rating around 170)?

Would appreciate any help.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM

WazDoF will become famous soon enough

Even with range scouting on, the system will search for players in a relatively small area, so try to go in a center region (Rollingplain is a great choice) and look for PvP. You can also try to attack cities, since 170 strength matches most upgraded empty towns.

Although the best way to have PvP battles (even if searching randomly often works) is to ask for somebody to meet you in game chat.

Hope it will help !

Last edited by WazDoF : 01-18-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

That helps, thanks.

One rather newbie follow-up question. When you say attacking cities you mean NPC-cities or player cities? because i also searched for attacking cities and never found anything.

I know there is no map showing all the player cities, but is there a way to find locations or is it just guessing into the blue as well?

Thanks for the chat tip, will try that.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:21 PM

WazDoF will become famous soon enough

I meant player cities, but if you tried it and had no answer, I guess it's related to the position problem too. You might have been unlucky though because from Southmonth with range scouting you should hit every target with proper army value in all human regions. And most of new players are over there, so it's weird you met no one...

The best thing to do is to try again, eventually it will work
Old 01-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Thanks for the encouragement...maybe its due to my online times... Im mostly playing late evenings and nights... probably most people nicely asleep^^ Will try it earlier this weekend :P
Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Cyroch - during evening we have our lowest player population - so from 9pm EST it`s rather hard to find a game. 4pm EST is the best time with 10X more players online.

Couple of hints:
-Use Rollingplain region, also do Remote Scouting and Be Brave
-Have 3 armies in rolling-plain - one in 100 strength, one in 250 strength and one around 400.
-Try searching for Vs Army, and if nothing is found Vs Town with each army in turn and you are almost guaranteed to find someone.

Also - we are working on growing our player population as well as fixing one common exploit with PvP protection - so next week it should get easier to find PvP targets.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Thank you very much. Will try.