Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Sopa-Wikipedia Blackout - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
How far can you go without making your Ants Angry :P
In my opinion there is no limit anymore. Developed countries government/media/corporate structure is too advanced to fail. They know how to introduce gradual changes and use media, and now even free internet media to help promote their agendas.

However I`m not sure all the changes are all that bad - at least the eyes of the majority. Our free will might eventually downgrade to a level of deciding what color we want our next consumer products to be in, but we`ll all live long, safe, boring and productive lives However - I think we`ll always have game industry (just think how games will be in 20-30 years from now) to make the best of our free will as we live out our real life and make the best of our free will in the virtual worlds.

The only X factor that can truly revolutionize our society that Governments can`t control is rapid growth of technology. If neuro interface, nano and bio technologies, as well as wireless connectivity continue to make significant progress - we might end up developing a global collective consciousness in the next 20 years - on a level far surpassing current Internet trends. Properly controlling it through usual means of gradual pseudo-democratic legislation should not be possible.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 01-22-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:34 PM

selridion has a default reputation

ah freedom :P
such a nice word
once there was a wide world... vast emptiness
it was man versus wild
if you slept in the wrong cave... a bear would come along and eat you

now days... the vast emptiness has been transformed into... vast fullness...
i think its time we leave this planet and venture into space
then we can be free again... and have all the space of the universe to wonder around in...
and if you park your spaceship at the wrong planet... aliens will eat you

ps iv humanity turns into a hive mind... i shall be its overlord /wink

Last edited by selridion : 01-22-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

I made extra tin-foil hats........

We pay the government to do stuff like this.What we failed to do,is to implement some form of security for ourselves.And why should we,the government will take care of us.....

Normally I say if you dont like something,allow your wallet to speak for you.Wouldnt suggest it here though,the irs....hehehe dun get on wrong side of that cluster-****.

Theres two choices here for anyone capable of looking into the past,and seeing the future.Can do whats been done already,which only changes the time-frame in which things like this happens.Any smoker with half a brain can tell you,smoking aint gonna be here for much longer.Sure cigars may still be around in 100 years,but i dont see much of a lifespan for camel's and newport's.

The other option,while more pro-active,involves actually standing up and allowing your voice to be heard,no matter what.Its rather easy to do on forums,behind that false security blanket of anonymousness.And many people know where that leads,flamewars are rather fun though.In real-life however,words turn into actions,which turn into bloodshed.Which leads us back to the first option really.

Civil wars dont start based on one thing.If you think America's own civil war back in the day was about slavery,well then....your an idiot.Sorry,no other way to say that.Sure slavery played a part,sure people used it as an excuse to fight.And lets face it,we like to pretend we are all a morale people.

Its sort of funny,if you look back at history,again America's first civil war.

1. Economic and social differences between the North and the South.<---all we need is something besides location,say....wallstreet and those "occupy" morons

2. States versus federal rights.<---Arizona,nough said.Except,got to give them props,making laws to enforce federal laws already in place,and then catching hell for it.....wtf

3. The fight between Slave and Non-Slave State Proponents and 4. Growth of the Abolition Movement. <--same damn thing,making this the top 4 reasons and not the top 5.Hate it when people do this shyte,like someone isnt gonna notice.

5. The election of Abraham Lincoln.<--this is really number 4,but really,nothing wrong with our elections now days is there....o wait...

I look around,watch the news.More and more every day,i ask myself,why,o why,do i not have an arsenal of weapons,ammo,and mre's so i can be semi-prepared for the shyte storm thats coming.I tell myself,it wont happen until I am long gone.Or better yet,it just wont happen.But honestly,I cant for life of me understand why it hasnt happened yet,and I wonder which horrible news story is gonna break the proverbial camels back.

And dont read this and jion a cult,cuz yes,they may have the arsonal prepared,but them guys aint all toghether there.We are looking for a fight though,as a nation,and while we look outwards most the time,I dont think it will be long before we start looking inwards.Theres a tension thats been growing for years,between,and this is sad,political parties.the whole tea-paty thing,while funny,could have possibly triggered a war in and of itself,because people where looking for that type of non-sense.When enough people feal their way is the best way,and enough people think it isnt,then all it will take is one stupid thing.

BTW huge fan of v for vendetta Should watch this movie,good movie :>

Quote:
Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Last edited by Neinth : 01-22-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
If neuro interface, nano and bio technologies, as well as wireless connectivity continue to make significant progress - we might end up developing a global collective consciousness in the next 20 years - on a level far surpassing current Internet trends. .
...and then we turn into the Borg
Old 01-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Problem is always that which lies in the Shadow

While I usually Support that Companys Defend against Piracy

Piracy of Software and other Stuff is a Requirement

Nowdays the Ravine between Rich and Poor is Big
Someone said something good this week which I maybe should advance a little

He said
If People have Money they Will Buy it
If People dont have Money they will Pirate it

Now this is very simple thing to say but has much Influence on the World

Fact is most People Especially Younger Men like me dont have the Luck that i have to be Working for a Giant Company that pays even their Young Workers a Good Salary

Most People hardly have the Money to Keep Up with Musik, Software and Games
Yet most are Pressured by Society to have this Stuff and most dont have anything else as well
Going Out is even more Expensive (and as a sidenote Alcohol and Discos aint the best Alternative I think)

Now Thinking a Bit further
Lets assume they actually Manage to Stop Piracy of Software, Musik and Games

This will Result in two Things

1. People who are without Work will have even less stuff to Spend Time on and will feel even more backstabbed by those with Wealth

2. Young People Pressured by Friends and Community will feel unable to cope with others

Both will Result in Criminality
And since the easy and non violent way of Criminality cant be used anymore
many of them might be swayed into using other Means to get new Stuff .....

History has taught us ONE DAMN THING
Humans that once had something will never Accept to have it taken away
taking something away from a Human which was given before will always result in Hatred

Prohibition of Tabak or Alcohol have showed this well
and this will go no other way

Thats something I.ll be taking bets on guys ......

Greetz ^^
Old 01-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

...and then we turn into the Borg

I won`t go that far - at first it`ll be same as using your Iphone just without having to stare at the screen with retina nerve projection (or at first I guess glasses or contact lenses, as neuro-interface is way ahead of retina nerve techs and can`t really be done yet), and motion detection with basic cognitive commands. But I think true revolution will be not on just a hard-ware side but on a software side - with applications that could easily allow collective thinking.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM

selridion has a default reputation

i watched a anime once about a world were the digital world and real world over lapsed
you would put on a pair of glasses and see the world trough a whole new perspective
actually iv seen 2 anime's who used that same concept
imagine all the new space to put down billboards

and about the whole american revolution
you gotta have 1 hell of a trigger to set that off..
a trigger which angers the entire country enough about its government to decide to pick up weapons
good luck with that

and about piracy... well i think its good
keeps the games industry healthy (not that its anywhere near healthy atm...)
good games will sell with our without piracy
and games which have nothing to offer.... well people will pirate it instead cuz.. not everyone has endless pockets of money

maybe instead of crying... people should just accept that when you make something digital... people will copy it .. that's just the nature of the digital world...
the days of hand to hand trade are in the past... welcome to the digital age....
Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Americans are known to be pretty fast with picking up weapons :P

So actually the trigger to that might be smaller then you think ^^