Sopa-Wikipedia Blackout - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto
Default Sopa-Wikipedia Blackout

Man i figured i;d see if wikipedia was serious about going theough with a 24 hour blackout on their site to protest "Sopa"

And they did,and its awsome.

If you dont know what sopa is,you might should take a look,could possibly change our internet forever as Americans,migth as well move to China.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

worst part is it affects china as well so their no escaping *sigh* WW3 here we come
Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Problem with stuff like this is those pesky lawyer type wordings.I almost understand why they would want to do something like this.

Copyright stuff is a nasty place to get tangled.And yes,someone who produces tangible work,such as music,movies,hell online games,should receieve payement for those things,though prolly not as much as alot of them seem to think they should make.

But this leads to more stuff,which leads to more,a good example of what i mean is Promethuse V Mayo,if you dont know it,take a look.I could be wrong,but from what I think I understand,Promethues has a patent on...I have no clue wtf it is on,so i qoute:

Quote:
The drugs themselves were already known to be useful to treat the disease, but according to Prometheusí patent, their use was in limited because their efficacy was difficult to monitor. The basis of the invention was in discovering the range of doses that would be effective without harming the patient.
I get confused easily sometimes,but this makes my head spin.Its not the drugs,nor the drugs uses that the patent is about.It's about something.....something above my head i guess.But from every article I have seen on this,and been quite a few,cuz i like puzzles,its basically saying,you can not form the corralation between "this" and "that" in your head,because we have a patent on it.

Just think,if SOPA is inacted,restricting internet,and can be sued for putting 2 plus 2 together in your head----meh I got work to do on a tin-foil hat
Old 01-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

it's cool that wikipedia did their protest blackout, and google had a special protest logo. This sopa thing is bad news, and it's good that they're getting the word out.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Aye,can understand why google didnt do a complete black out,but man would that have made a statement.

But Wikipedia's 24 hour blackout was enough,i am always looking things up,and cussed a few times when wiki was first 2-3 lionks in whatever i was going for.Which is what prompted me to make the thread,blackouts over,but I wonder if the idea worked.

BTW Wired (magaizine available online),and even Craigslist participated in their own ways.I do hope the black outs associtaion with "hackers" doesnt become a focal point of the SOPA supporters.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Tokyo Toshokan
An Big Site Hosting Anime Stuff has also been Off Yesterday

I know that it has several thousands of users checking on it each hour
So I guess its a nice Impact especially as its most Users come from the USA

In any case this is quite Dangerous
nowdays many Companys are calculating losses and wins of illegal distribution of their Software and Stuff
often deciding that the advertising effect of Illegal distribution far outlines the possible losses

Many Media Companys could not survive at all without the Users Spreading the Game around and those increasing Users Community and Advertising for possible buyers

But US Departments are quite known to be stubborn
they will see this trough no matter what
I bet on that

Guess I am happy to be in Germany
we are banned from most US Servers and Providers from the start as Germany has Outlawed most of the Big Bother stuff from the start......
Old 01-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

It was great to wake up this morning to all the news about landslide impact Wednesday black-outs had.
-3 key republican supporters of PIPA/SOPA have pulled their support from the bill.

It`s funny how they recanted: "Ops, we just realized this legislation is bad" after supporting it for months If couple more bill sponsors withdraw their support both bills are as good as done. Although I`m sure they`ll try again with-in a year (after elections) in another form.

So while it might be a bit early to celebrate victory of online democracy - we are almost there.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

And US Goverment Strikes back
Megaupload has been Closed
4 of 7 Staffmembers have already been Arrestet

The US Claim that this has nothing to do with it
But the Timing is far too good and the topic far to concerned for that to be true ......

This guys are Stubborn
they wont rest till they get their will of being the legal Big Brother of the World :P
Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

I don't know why, but this reminds me much of Orwells 1984.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:36 AM

selridion has a default reputation

tbh... if they get that ridiculous bill trough... i might gota consider to stop gaming and become a hacker lol

i mean... if there gona censor the internet.... its gona ruin so much gaming stuff its not even funny

for all we know this forum could be censored because someone trash talks starwars the old republic

when i last visited piratebay... the site told my that thepiratebay.org is gona be censored in my country...
were does it stop ?
all this greed...
if you make something ****... and peeps are copying it because its not worth there money
instead of trying to cry like a lil greedy arsehat maybe you should make something worth buying first....
when u make a game / cd / piece of art / whatever and its absolutely awesome
people will buy it.. to have it.. or show support..