Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

I want to make a DoF fansite - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about
Default I want to make a DoF fansite

Hey, I've been largely interested in this game lately and I thought it would be a great thing if I made a fansite. First off I'd be the first to do so, and second I simply love making websites one way or another (I have 3 websites to fix and finish at the moment and 2 to build from scratch, one of the two is this one).
I just wanted to ask permission to host content and information on the game on the site. Also I wanted to ask if anyone knows where I can get artwork for site borders and such (you know some vines to "grow" on the sides of the site for example) to make it more fantasy styled.
Also if you have suggestions you can say them to me, I'd love to hear some.
Thanks Reverie!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hi LiTos,

By all means go ahead. Unfortunately we haven`t released our fan-site kit yet - but that`s something we`ll look into next month.

Once your done with your site notify Bryan or Danny and they can get you a batch of exclusive screenshots to help you launch it.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:40 PM

Yes! Great! I can't wait to get started. But god damn homework needs to be done first.
Wohoo, I'm so excited! I have so many ideas and I can see the whole site in my eyes already.
And I'm even more excited that I'll get some exclusive screenshots as well. I more than anything hope that I will receive support from you developers as well. I will have a gallery, downloads, guides, faqs, forums, all kinds of stuff. I'll put every single little detail out on this game together.
I should hopefully be done within 2 weeks. As I said I have 5 sites to work on at the moment but this is my 2nd priority site. First I have to finish up and polish another one, which shouldn't take me more than a couple of days of hard work, maybe three.
Thanks again!

Edit: http://1191adb.com/klan/ Here, you can take a look at the system that I'm going to be using. This is one of my sites (which actually is one of the sites that I need to redesign because I have to convert it to another game). Though the Dof site will look different of course, it will have the same features. I'll try to make the DoF site to seem really big and wide with lots of content fitting into one scroll of your browser, like one of those oblivion sites, I can't find that one now though, or maybe they redesigned it.
Anyway, I'll be posting all my progress here. Soon I'll be revealing some logos and artwork I'll be making for the site. I will also reveal the official name of the site tonight once I purchase the domain. It's quite simple, but reasonable.
Cheers mates

Last edited by LiTos456 : 03-12-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Awesome idea Litos. I look forward to seeing your site as it comes along.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM

Thanks. I'll start making the logo tonight hopefully after I'm done with school work (since I need to wait a couple of days for the domain to be fully operational, why not start some graphics).
Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Thanks. I'll start making the logo tonight hopefully after I'm done with school work (since I need to wait a couple of days for the domain to be fully operational, why not start some graphics).
u make ur own logo's? wich progams u use for that or do u just start from scratch in paint?
Old 03-12-2009, 04:43 PM

I start from scratch in photoshop actually.

Yeah guys, I'm seriously gonna need your logo. Transparent... If I can't have it I'll just make something up using a different font I guess.

Last edited by LiTos456 : 03-12-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Hey LiTos456 awesome sites, your very talented, read your blog, ha, not exactly like wow+rts, but we hope to impress.
pm danny or bryan your msn and someone will get you a dof logo.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:40 PM

Haha thanks! Yeah I'm actually a shooter/war/hard-core-unreal-tournament-shoot-in-the-face-and-spill-lots-of-blood person... But I encore from RTSs. They were the first games I've played
Alright, I'll PM Bryan now I guess. I chose him because my best friend's name is Bryan... I thought he was the only one in the world with a Y.
I'm already cooking stuff up, but since I can has the logo I'll see what I can do with it.
Thanks.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:04 AM

Alright! Yesterday I pruchased the domain 'dofsource.com' and today the name servers finished transferring.
http://dofsource.com.
Now off to school.