Lighthouse Bankrupt? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

wou129 is someone to look uptowou129 is someone to look upto

i just came up with this but any thing we build up in the beta wil theat stil be there in the full game ?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

adamater has a default reputation

this thread scared me for a second, ithought this awsomegame wouldn't come out
Old 03-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

crex719 has a default reputation

As long as everything is secure, I'm happy
Old 03-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamater View Post
this thread scared me for a second, ithought this awsomegame wouldn't come out
same scared the **** out of me lol
Old 03-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wou129 View Post
i just came up with this but any thing we build up in the beta wil theat stil be there in the full game ?
Typically MMO's start clean after the beta test. I can't speak for Reverie, but this is usually the case. Moreover, servers are often reset multiple times within the beta test itself. I remember beta testing a browser-based MMO. On four occasions different people found infinite money abuses, and each case required the entire server to be reset.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

There are two beta stages - stage 1 - closed, with up to 100 testers, stage 2 - open - with a larger number of testers up to 1,000 probably.

For Beta Stage 1 we will be inviting ONLY people registered in our forums and these who actively followed the game + their friends (if we don`t have enough people). There is a very good chance we`ll give a free online copy of the final game to top 50 testers from that 100 - based on how many test reports they submitted and how much time they spent playing closed beta - but I`ll have to confirm this later.

In stage 1 you can expect to see an extremely buggy build, with only third MMORTS content available at first. We will add more content as we go, and your progress WILL be reset multiple times. At first it might be as often as every couple of days. Beta Stage 1 will brutal, but rewarding - as it`ll be your feedback which will determine which features are added/removed, and how we balance things. Sign ups will be on the forum - with priority going to these most active in the forum community - the more posts, the better your chances are.

Two months after that we hope to start stage 2 testing. I don`t have all the details about this yet
Old 03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

crex719 has a default reputation

Beta Stage 1 ought to be fun... bugs glitches and crashes. But it is important when we play to check every little aspect of gameplay. The more errors found the better the game when it is released.
I doubt it will be seriously bad though. It will be an overall fun experience to play a game weve been waiting so long to play. I am just worried people are setting the bar too high for the beta.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

With or without bugs, I'll still enjoy playing it.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 03-10-2009, 09:12 PM

Feweh has fair reputation

Involving closed beta....

How are you going to choose the top 100 people... i'm not sure how many people are registered here exactly..

Like i don't post everyday but i always check in so if you go by post count theres a good chance i would miss out.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Bugs can be fun to find... except the kind that are in the form of unhandled exceptions.

Quote:
How are you going to choose the top 100 people... i'm not sure how many people are registered here exactly..
As he said, there would be a sign-up on the forums, and they will give preference to those who have shown the most interest. While there are a lot of registered users on this forum, there aren't that many active accounts. In fact, there aren't nearly a hundred regular posters around here, so if you're a genuine fan who is giving feedback right now, your chances of getting in (if you want to) are fairly good.

I can tell you that this will be a very unique opportunity, but you can't go into it thinking "free game". This won't be a finished commercial product, and if you treat it like that you're going to get infuriated by all the bugs and, invariably, crashes. Instead, you have to view it as a chance to be involved in the design process of the game itself. That's something you can't buy on the shelves of a store.

Last edited by Darvin : 03-10-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Closed Thread